2021 Kia K5 Sedan Consumer Reviews

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

I really like this car

Big dawg, 11/17/2020
LXS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Had the pleasure to rent this car and put nearly 1000 miles on it. Seats and seating positions great. Visibility great. Crisp steering. The performance of the engine is incredible. Passing was fun. Car went straight as an arrow in nasty winds. Stereo sounded good. Really a well built car.

Nice Optima upgrade

Luckyguy3122, 03/25/2021
EX 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The car makes rattling noises and squeaking noises all the time, it can get annoying if you let it. upon acceleration the car takes off loud like a mustang GT, maybe its the turbo engine, but it's definitely not refined, smooth or quite like the Optima was. The doors now have this piece of plastic thats raised so that you can pull the door shut, however it digs into the side of your knee while driving unless you stretch you leg all the way out. The pros of this car is the engine is more powerful than the optima and doesn't struggle to move the vehicle. The stereo is great with very nice speakers even in lower trim. the seats are very comfortable, the leather steering wheel gives the car a premium luxury feel...The technology is this car is amazing, I literally had the car drive me home from work using the steering and lane assist. there is the operating system called uvo that has a app for your phone, it allows you to remote start the vehicle, check gas level, check and lock doors, set temperature. the door handles light up as you approach the vehicle, the smart trunk opens automatically when you stand in front of the trunk, the front collision detector sounds if you're getting to close to the vehicle in front of you. there is also a notification sound when the car in front of you pulls off. You have rear traffic sound that alerts you to cross traffic or how close you are backing up to an object. The wireless car charger is not that fast but it does work. it only increases your phone battery 10-15% higher after 30 min of charging under 50% but it charges faster if your phone is above 60% The doors open wider so it's easier to get in and out of. the heated and cooled seats work great and pretty fast. One great surprise is how quickly the engine warms up to heat the car, much appreciated in chicago. After a month of owning my k5 EX the only reason i didnt give it 5 stars is the terrible wind and road noise that comes into the cabin. When I bought the vehicle and got on the highway going home, i thought the salesman left a window open a little, the noise was so loud, i kept pressing the window buttons to make sure none were left ajar. The k5 is much noisier than the prior optima, and i have heard other reviewers mention that also. Other than that I'm pleased with it.

Great all around car

Roccodif , 09/23/2020
GT-Line 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I purchased my K5 GTline about a month ago I have owned sonatas and Elantras in the past also have driven my wife’s BMW’S many times we both agree that the K5 has that German made feel and the looks are just stunning the car is just a pleasure to drive and is a bargain at $27,000 this car is a hit mine is wolf gray/red just stunning.

Lots of problems

Matt, 03/04/2021
GT-Line 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have a K-5 GT wolf gray. Although I love the lock and the color my car has literally been in the shop for over a month. My engine light came on and it turn out to be a faulty ERG valve. The transmission seems like it slips occasionally. The windows don’t roll up smooth. The paint chips easy. The tint doesn’t look like it last very long. I personally think there are other problems that they trying to figure out and won’t tell me.

Loving this car

Bob Zombie, 10/11/2020
GT-Line 4dr Sedan AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I my last two cars were 2015 Chrysler 200 limited, and 2016 BMW 528i drive. I went with the Gt line K5. My BMW was my day off car Chrysler 200 my work car. Comparing the three cars to each other. The K5 has no stutter that the Chrysler has and excels a lot smoother. Of course the BMW gets up and go. But for the price I'm happy with the K5. Handing its a grade under the BMW. It has a smoother ride than the Chrysler, and I'd say it's tied with the BMW. There's more back row seating space than both cars. Our new born car seat doesn't hit the front passengers seat. Like it did in the BMW, and Chrysler. The technology in the K5 is pretty nice love the 10 inch screen. The car pretty much drives it self. Adaptive cruise control is sweet, it stops at red lights behind the car infront of you, will go around turns too. I love the Wolf grey, and red interior. The sound systems on par with the BMW. For price you can't go wrong. I know I'm comparing the K5 to a 15k and 58k car. But it's really a sweet ride.

12345...8