Used 2013 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Forte model:

Sporty Little Car
By Germz

2013 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my blue Koup SX new in 2013 with sunroof and spoiler package, for the price of a regular version (saved about $2,000 + or -). Five years later, it's still as solid as day one. Other than regular oil changes, tires, and the occasional light bulb replacement, the car has been problem free. I plan on keeping it until it dies. The drive is sporty, though bad roads do make the cabin louder; not a deal breaker for me as that's what my radio is for :) lol. The gas mileage is good and so are the looks. I have done some modifications to it since I have bought it, such as Megan Racing OE-RS exhaust, E-Line drilled+slotted rotors, Angel Eyes headlights, drop-in K&N air filter, dark tint all around, stubby antenna, metal scuff plates, K badges on wheels, steering wheel, and front and back emblems. I plan on maybe new rims, lower ride, and turbo in the future. Everyone I know is always telling me how nice it is, especially for being a four banger. I have had strangers come up to me at gas stations wondering what car I have. I feel like I am driving a car that is twice the price. If I had to do it all over again, I would.

The little car that can!
By Amy M

2013 Kia Forte Koup SX 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned this car since I bought it new. I was skeptical because KIA used to make, well, cheap stuff. I always thought of them like a geo metro or dodge neon arena. But this car is solid feeling. It has held up wonderfully. It looks just as good as it did new still minus the floor mats, the embroidered red lettering which of course is not so red these days. The first thing I did in the KIA was to fix the stiff handling by having performance suspension installed, it's a little bumpier but man can that sucker corner now! I have let the rest remain stock, the car has some punch, and it is a BLAST to drive it. The seats are for short people, I am taller and so I cannot drive long distances in this car without my back hurting unless I add my own lumbar support in the right spot so I don't take this car on long road trips often. The car is lower than stock and looks sleek and because I removed the KIA badges people often mistake it for a Lexus or something much more expensive. People really dig the lines on this car design and I get a lot of compliments on it. I paid like 15k new for this car and I feel it was well worth the value I have gotten out of it in driving enjoyment alone. I have never had a mechanical issue with the car. This car came with a 20-year powertrain warranty. Its a fun zippy little sports car for cheap, I would buy another. I traded a Mazda P5 in on this and while it doesn't sound as cool as the Mazda engine did, it outperforms it in HP and acceleration, but stock it did not in handling and never will in comfort.

Update 07/2018: This car is a champ. Not one mechanical issue with this car on the 4th year of owning it and it runs as responsive and well as it did the day I bought it. Kia has been wonderful at keeping it maintained and making sure it is in regularly for service. I am thinking about trading it in for a newer car because I am looking for something that will go better in snow but this car has been one of the best cars I have owned hands down.

Great Cash Car
By Kevin

2013 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2013 Kia Forte SX certified pre-owned with 14k miles when it was just 1 year old. Today it's 5 years old at 115k and still running strong. The engine and transmission have been great. Great performance, though the gas mileage could be better for such a small car. The radio went out at 95k, which was kind of frustrating, but not the end of the world. My only real complaint is the resale value. Depreciation is an issue with all financed cars, but Kia's resale value is ridiculously low. It'd make a great cash car. I'd buy another 2013 today in cash no problem, but I wouldn't finance another Kia.

First new car in 22 years!
By Donald Phillips

2013 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

If you have a family, check the back seat comfort. I am single and have plenty of room in the front.

Great car for smooth flat roads Awsome MPG
By Nicole

2013 Kia Forte SX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I had this car a year and a half now and drove it on a 3 month cross country road trip by myself. This car gets excellent gas mileage 39 mpg on highway the lowest in the city was 22mpg but i think thats because the tires got a little low. This car has a lot of great features, bluetooth to sync with phone, usb and Aux inputs were great on long roadtrips to listen to flashdrive or another device, and cd player too, sat radio is available too. I loved all the controls on the steering wheel to control stereo, phone and cruise control. Loved all the storage space in front as well. The front and rear seats are comfortable, the headrests are adjustable in all directions which is nice. Im pretty tall so having a telescoping steering wheel is really nice to have less strain on body. The cons are the suspension, shocks or maybe the tires i am not sure what the cause is but can feel every single crack, bump and rough part of the road. Its ok if you live in the south where the roads are smooth and flat but once you get on roads it kind of rough on your body. The shocks were so bad that after exploring on some rough dirt roads that one of the heat shields broke on my trip. Also when i was in the mountains it seemed to have trouble going up steep hills maintain constant speed with cruise control and had to put the gas to the floor to get up some of them when people behind me seemed to want to go faster. The fan for the air conditioner heater is super loud but not as loud as the road noise when going on the highway add them both together and people cant barely hear ya when you try to make a call using bluetooth and you have to yell to talk with someone next to you. Overall this is a great car to get around town in or if you live where their is nice smooth roads!!! This car doesn't work for my lifestyle at the moment so im looking for an SUV with better socks, less noise, more cargo room, but i think i will have to sacrifice the excellent gas mileage of this Kia Forte has.