Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Fun in the sun!
By Pamela Farmer

2005 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Total Blast but not a great family car or hauling things.

Never buy a Jeep
By Karen Miller

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Power Control Module went out on my jeep over 2 month ago. I continue to be told its on back order. I am still making payments on a jeep that I can not drive!!!!

Not a racecar
By Shawn Larson

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is not fast, does not stop quickly and will beat you up on any journey over 50 miles. It maxes out at 80mph which is good because it becomes unstable after 70mph. It's noisy and rides rough (bouncy) and quick braking can be scary. Now for the good. It's cool to drive, the ladies like them, they can go anywhere if outfitted right, the 4.0L engine is bullet proof and the transmission is stiff but durable. The resale value is incredible. Edmunds isn't accurate with resale values as they grossly undervalue Wranglers by thousands of dollars. You will see this as you investigate the purchase of a used Wrangler. A fun car that requires careful driving habits. 4 star rating is for fun factor.

Love my jeep
By David

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love my jeep, don't get me wrong I have spent a lot of money in aftermarket parts, lift, wheels & tires, bumpers, lights, etc. But I love to drive this vehicle

Faults IGNORED by company
By docjaime

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Overall I love driving my Jeep. The idea of it is exactly what I want, the execution is lacking.

Ability to open. Don't feel the need to bother locking it. Turning radius. Can drive anywhere.

Known manufacturer defects are being ignored and they are safety features. The clutch safety switch and the fuel roll over valve are known to fail quickly and are super costly to replace as you must replace the whole clutch or fuel tank. These are safety features Jeep should fix for free!