Used 2015 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Very Nice
By JIM

2015 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Very Nice Great Value

worst gas mileage
By Robin Rhodez

2015 Jeep Compass High Altitude Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have owned my jeep for 2 years and the gas mileage is about 17 miles to the gallon. Not even close to what it is rated at. 2 broken motor mounts after 6 months. Sun roof leaks. DO NOT BUY ONE.

go buy something else
By junk

2015 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just bought jeep. Compass 4+4 2.4 l test drove 3 them noticed other two vibration while stopped at light or in drive got one the didn't week later starts doing it service dept says all OK yea right to lazy fix problem. Go buy something else

Not a Bad Deal!
By Sherrie-A

2015 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have loved everything about my 2015 jeep compass sport..did have a roof leak they fixed...first year. I do have to put a pillow on the driver's seat to boost me up, I wish it was a tad roomier for heavy set people...great space for my large dog in back, good on gas, a larger tank would of been nice, my only real complaint is..again for heavy set people, if you are the driver and the only person in the car, you can feel the "lean" when making a wide right turn. I felt it was unnerving, but I loved the car, so I went and bought 5 sandbags and placed them on the floor of the passenger side back. now the jeep feels more balanced on the turns. I see they put that sticker on the visor, may TIP on turns, well they must of realized this problem. it does have a bit of a blind spot back passenger side... so I avoid situations where that could be a problem. but other than that.....I really love the car and nothing is 100% perfect..and most of the suvs are looking pretty much the same these days..with the high head rests that pose the blind spot problem, and they are all narrowing the cars to make them more fuel efficient which in turn makes it a tad crowded and throws off the balance. had the Jeep compass for a year and a half now, the roof leak was my only repair...under warranty and they fix it right. I have had 2 jeeps prior, and I just love jeeps. and it was great in the snow.

Bought and have had nothing but problems
By mrg

2015 Jeep Compass High Altitude Edition 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a 2015 Jeep Compass and loved it at first. It was very cute, very cost efficient and I loved the fact that I could get a Jeep product for that price.. I am now regretting it. 1.) I had the car a few months and something in the transmission slipped and came loose. It was fine when I would put it in reverse to back out of my drive way or parking spot but when I would put it in Drive, it wouldn't actually go into drive. I would have to Put it in park and then put it back into drive a few times. I was not very happy considering that is not safe. 2.) I complained a few times about the transmission because of the "Whining" noise that it made when I got off the gas. I was told by service department that it was just the CVT transmission that was making the noises and that it was "normal and that there was nothing they could do." 3.) When I reached about 25,000 miles, the brakes started squealing. Brakes shouldn't have to be replaced with that low of miles. I went ahead and had them replaced to see if the squealing would stop. We have had them cleaned and scuffed and it still squeals. All other reviews that I have read has the brakes squealing in Reverse but mine only does it in Drive. I took it to the dealership to have them look at it and We were told that there was nothing they could do to make the squealing stop. It would be a continuous problem that couldn't be corrected due to the fact that there is disc brakes in the front and drum in the rear. With the drums, the brake dust doesn't have anywhere to do. So now every time I take it to have the oil changed and tires rotated, I have to tell them to clean and scuff the brakes while it is in their possession. 4.) Don't expect to get up to full speed very fast. Since this is only a 4CYL, it seems to have problems getting up to speed as any other 4cyl's I have drove. Personally, they shouldn't even offer these in 4CYL. I really thought this would be a vehicle that I would love but I have had nothing but problems out of this vehicle. My opinion... DO NOT PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE.