Used 2014 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Compass Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Compass model:

Love my compass, Bought Used
By Should be a car tester instead of a Road Warrior

2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this compass with 26,000 miles on it. I drive a lot I have had the car 2 years and already have 110,000 miles on it. I travel from So Cal to No Cal in rain, sleet, snow, heat and off road. This vehicle has handled it all well. Feel safe driving it. No heavy duty repair costs yet. My mileage ranges from 30-35 mpg. I have the Sport Edition 2.4L 6 speed auto trans. Reading other reviews I was amazed at the poor remarks. Glad I have a good one..... Would love to have a 6CD player/radio combo instead of the single CD for long trips. I am on my 3rd set of tires and each type I have tried has been better in some areas then others. The handling included. The stock Kumho's handled snow better then I thought they would. The Nexxen were great on mountain cornering. Currently running the Michelin Defender MS and will know more when we get into snow season.

Zippy, economical car
By Kathleen M.

2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our 2014 Jeep Compass used and have had it a little over a year. We drive a lot of highway miles (40,000 last year) and this car has been an economical and dependable car. We usually get between 28-30 miles to the gallon. We haven't had any real issue with the car. It has fast pickup to move around slower vehicles. Overall its a good, small-sized SUV.

2014 much better than older models
By MartyP

2014 Jeep Compass Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I think some reviews of this fine car suffer from past problems that have been corrected. For instance the new sealed six speed transmission is outstanding as opposed to the CVT of the past. The 2.4L engine is responsive, quiet and powerful enough, vs. the older 2.0L. The front seats are good looking and supportive.The car hugs the road and performs straight and true with no hesitation. The upgraded sound system is wonderful. The only negatives I can find are the broken plastic seat surrounds, the hard plastic dash, and the vision blocking pillars in the four corners. Also, the interior could use more storage cubbies like those in my daughter's older CR-V. One little irritation is that I can't gently beep the horn. It requires a hard push and is loud. All in all I love driving the car and I'm happy that it was assembled in the USA by union labor. Now, after 40,000 miles, still not a single problem. It's no exaggeration to say I absolutely love this little car.

Jeep compass purchase (2014)
By Vickie S

2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I like the cloth seats but would prefer bench seats for these smaller vehicles with a little more cushion in them. The cruise control needs to be less complicated. I have the 2.4 engine with 4wd so if you are able to set cruise control before going up hills it's better. Would have preferred a 6 cylinder.

Great adgility for around town .
By Jim Faulkner

2014 Jeep Compass Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This vehicle was special order with upgraded engine , wheels , sound system and power sunroof.