2017 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Sweet spot
By Top family pick guy

2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

This vehicle is solid built and priced well. With this jeep, im not worried if i can get places when the weather is rough or just bad in general. I dont even have a top of the trim package and it has shown that it can take on most of what i throw at it. Snow nasty thunderstorm downpours and road debris is no problem. Light off roading doesnt even phase it like SUVs. Is this vehicle in the non-trailhawk trim going to take you on extreme trails-probably not. But it provides you the piece of mind that when other SUVs cant make it this vehicle will. Oh, my kids just love this Jeep also. Plenty of room to bring there toys and toys and toys and toys. Its quite enough that they can fall asleep even on bumpy roads to. For adults we have all our grownup toys(electronics) built in with the 840 radio system and instruments cluster..or use the power/hook up options they have in pretty handy locations

Firmwear update?! WHAAaa? and engine mounts?
By Tcorrie

2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

OK, let me start by saying. I have a 17 jeep cherrokee. its black on black on black. V6 (3.2 L) I bought this new from the dealer. I have just over 20k on it now. About 2 months ago my wife comes too me and says the check engine light is on. So i take it to the auto shop down the road and get the code read for me. Its a master Clutch sensor problem. Now I when't to the dealer to have them look at the jeep. (they didn't know I already knew what the code was) I was educated about a new firmwear update. for the computer on the jeep. witch tells the trans when to shift. I havent had any problems with the shifting since the new update. And the dealership was fast and freindly. Now... the engine mounts... This is a problem that is just starting to develope. when i shift into reverse i hear a pop and the same going into drive. I belive it to be the engine mounts. Going to the dealership this week to have it looked at. im still under warrenty. Other than that. Great SUV. lots of pep. and rides really nice. Dont care for the headlights. there great on a flat road. but if up hit a hill they cut off about 20ft in front of you. Its hard to explain. you would have to drive on at night to see what i mean.

2017 JEEP CHEROKEE LATITUDE 4X4 WITH V-6
By J.P.

2017 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

have the v-6, which is not an option when doing this review for some reason. I love this SUV. Handles great, gets awesome mpg's especially for a mid-sized 4x4 SUV with a v-6. I don't care for the transmission though at take off from a stop. And I don't care for the engine automaticly shutting off everytime I stop. I know I can turn that function off, but I have to turn it off everytime I get in the SUV and I usually forget until it has already shut off on me, I should be able to shut that feature off perminently if I want.

2017 Jeep Lattitude several issues
By Nteriors

2017 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

I bought my 2017 Jeep lattitude 6-cyl in May 2017 brand new. In the past 3 weeks with 9,186 miles on the vehicle I have 4 problems that need repair. #1 chipping paint #2Front struts need replaced. #3 Shifter needs replaced #4 Heater blower

Excellent Vehicle
By Bensen

2017 Jeep Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.2L 6cyl 9A)

Latitude 6cyl 4x4 . Outstanding comfort for travel commute. My only problem will be the Dealer an I advised Jeep. My comparison covers most of the brand names including many size segments, I have averaged one new vehicle a year for the past 20 years between family an work, cheap to expensive. We shall see how this handles the long term over the net couple years. As of today, OUTSTANDING.