2017 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cherokee model:

Where else can you get a V6 in this size?
By ekg

2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Yes, I know that turbocharging is the future, but direct injected turbo 4s can make a lot of nasty racket. I get 26-28mpg in this vehicle on a regular basis with the smooth sound of a six cylinder engine. It has plenty of power and this is our 2nd Cherokee. (We had a '15 Limited which was perfectly fine as well). The transmission is a common point of discussion on this vehicle, I haven't had any issues with this one or my last one. It will RARELY shift into 9th gear, but it will given a very particular set of conditions. My wife is the primary driver of this vehicle and we liked it because it drives like a much bigger and nicer vehicle. To me it almost felt like a poor man's Lexus RX, it has the same well controlled ride and damped suspension you would find in a more expensive vehicle. We test drove a Nissan Rogue which felt like a tin can compared to this. The Cherokee handles poor weather well, we live in MN and the standard tires seem to do just fine in heavy snow. I have towed a decent sized fishing boat with this vehicle (~2500 lbs) and it did the job just fine. The cargo area does seem kind of small compared to others but the backseat is quite generous. We have a limited 4wd v6 model with out any major options other than the tow package and this is a perfectly acceptable vehicle for a younger family. We will likely upgrade to a Grand Cherokee when this lease is up as our sons will be bigger and the added space would be nice. Chrysler used to make some pretty awful cars not too long ago but I don't have one bad thing to say about this machine. I think it is worth taking a look at this vehicle as this is the only vehicle I have bought the exact same thing a 2nd time.

2017 Jeep Cherokee lemon suspension !
By Travelin Kate

2017 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

April 2017, I bought this suv. A extended warranty from head to toe on this suv is a must have! Around town under 20 mpg. 16,888 miles you heard wobble noise. the front end suspension was replaced. Under warranty. 37, 2600 engine started cutting out. Drove to dealer. Starter coil replaced. Extended warranty covered. I had to rent a car. Now the wobble noise has returned. Next week appt at a different dealership than I used in October. Update, 8/31, the front tires bearings replaced. Now my fbrake petals are up higher. Nope back bearings not replaced.
And suv has same or similar wobble noises again. Yes I will return to dealwrzhip to check the problem. I regret buying this 2017 Cherokee. The radio turns on when I start car is a DUM feature. AC air flow for back seat is not strong.

Do you like buying car parts ?
By Blair

2017 Jeep Cherokee Altitude 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

If the weather gets too hot you have to replace the battery. When it rains you have to replace the coil pack. I have yet to see whats going to happen when it snows or if I have to drive in extreme cold. If you like to replace car parts based on weather conditions then this is the car for you. Also the salesman was very disappointed when I elected not to buy warranty . I am wondering now is it because he know this car has issues. Not only that I am harassed daily by people selling vehicle warranty , I block the phone number they call from a different number they too know this car has issues and I will need them soon. This car may last one more year when the last payment is made and I can guarantee you that I will never by another Jeep .

Great SUV
By Brett

2017 Jeep Cherokee Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Fuel economy could be better and a Jeep should come with skid plates and recovery points standard. Other than those issues it's a great SUV.

MPG Performance is a Scam
By BurntJeep Owner

2017 Jeep Cherokee 75th Anniversary 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 9A)

Beautifully designed car, but JEEP has a very long way to go with their engines. We fell in love with the JEEP Cherokee 75th Anniversary edition and decided to buy the car back in February 2017. After owning it for 2 months, it was instant regret. Instead of averaging an mpg of 27 miles, we can barely get it to do 17-18 miles (and that’s driving it as gently as possible). Please don’t make the mistake we’ve made, and save yourself the aggregation. I am already looking to trade-in or sell the car, for a more fuel efficient. Completely unacceptable for a company that has been built if SUVs for nearly a century. There should be a class action law suit for Jeep’s deceptive MPG score-card on the window sticker of their vehicles.