Used 2014 INFINITI QX60 Hybrid Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 INFINITI QX60 Hybrid Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific QX60 model:

Best hybrid ever
By John Soesbee

2014 INFINITI QX60 Hybrid Hybrid 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have driven this car for 96000 miles and only changed the oil at 9000 mile intervals. Great ride, even with 8 people on board. This mileage is primarily interstate. Never used off road. This SUV is AWD, BUT Not as good in the snow as I would have liked. Tires were changed at 73000, but still had inspection passed tread.

Worst nightmare
By AAMoon

2014 INFINITI QX60 Hybrid Hybrid 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl S/C gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I owned a JX35 prior to upgrading to the QX60. Big mistake! Here is a list of all the issues. Counting down til 12/1/2017 to leave this vehicle at the lot! Here are the issues I have had with the 2014 QX 60 and all the times it has been in the service department.

1. Fuel gauge fluctuations. Digital reading would jump all over the place. Did not match the gauge. *Repaired.
2. I had a rattle on the driver side in the window area. It was apparent once you reach 40mph. It was taken into Infiniti Roanoke service department several times.
• Window stripping replaced around windshield. *Did not fix issue.
• Replaced roof rails. *Did not fix issue.
• Car was returned with gash on driver side door. Sent back for repair.
• **Dad discovered front mud flap had a loose screw which was causing issue.
3. I have a rattle in the steering column. It sounds like something is loose inside.
*Issue has never been resolved.
4. The driver side sun visor makes a very loud popping noise when you pull it down and push it back up. (Replaced 2 times)
5. The driver side window making a loud grinding noise. *Issue was fixed.
6. The driver window now has a oily residue after rolling the window down and back up.
*Cleaned but shows back up.
7. Iphone worked intermittently with car ipod controls. Screen in car would grey out not allowing any functions to be used.
8. Passenger seat airbag light stays on with passenger in seat. *Checked but no fix.
9. Rattle in sunroof area and steering wheel column. *Issue was not fixed.
Stopped taking car to Infiniti Roanoke and started driving to Modern Infiniti Greensboro.
10. Sunvisors make a loud popping noise when pulling down and back up. *Replaced.
11. Passenger seat airbag light recall. *Issue fixed.
12. CVT recall. *Serviced.
13. Weather stripping hanging out from roof rails. *Both rails replaced.
14. TV screen stuck and will not release on driver side. Passenger side TV sticks frequently. *Driver side tv replaced.
15. Sunroof has ongoing rattle as well as the steering column. *Sunroof repaired after 2 visits.
16. Panoramic sunroof stripping out and laying on shade. *Fixed.
17. Panoramic sunroof stripping out again. It also catches and bunches shade up.
*Repaired and fixed 2nd visit.
18. Driver seat belt will not retract back. Hangs down. *Calling to schedule service 6/26/17. 6/30/2017 technician was to come fix seatbelt at home at 12:30. Tony called at 1:00 to tell us that there was an issue to have technician come and repair. Have to schedule for another date.
19. Panoramic sunroof has catch again. Looks like tape is loose and adhering to shade.

45,000 miles best car owned
By QX60 Hybrid Driver

20 plus years of driving, several cars old and new. This is by far the best. Comfort, utility, family trips, gas mileage etc. Daily drive to work 70 miles round trip is always an enjoyable experience, sound system great, quite interior, smooth ride, bluetooth connection to phone. A few family trips with wife and kids, summer to Main, Winter to Florida, Smoky Mountain TN, Washington DC etc. Now it has 45k miles and average 25.8 miles/g. I own rentals, QX hauled snow blower, bench saws, lots of 2X4s, bags of concrete, lots of tools, ladders, lots of paint cans etc. Yeah, it does everything. 45K still with original tires. I can not be more happier.

HORRIBLE CAR EXPERIENCE!
By Alain Bin Naim

Like in the Matrix movie quote "When you see an Infiniti QX60 RUN Neo Run"

Since i bought this SUV it's been at the dealer for repairs almost every 2 months. 1) Headlamp got water inside and had to replace 2)Noise on headliner and had to replace entire headliner almost 10 days without car. 3)Back again for window motor not closing window. 4)Back again for Transmission issues with 22k miles only and had to wait one month to be replaced, meaning car was a dealer for 35 days and me without car. 5)On top of that back again for other headlamp water replacement. 6)Again on dealer for rear passenger seat noise and they had to replace it. Seriously? 2104 and all these pain in the neck repairs? what's next, I'm sure something else was fixed that I don't recall, so I decided to sue Nissan, yep I want a new car or my money back.My lawyers are asking for that but Nissan offered just $500 compensation. Are you serious Nissan? So still in pending responses from Nissan before I submit lawsuit. I'm really scare now waiting when this car will brake in pieces on the highway. Really disappointed with this purchase! No recommended to anyone my experience.

Buyer beware
By Joycreasey@yahoo.com

Like many here, this was my first luxury car purchase. I purchased it in September 2014. My first trip a week later, it started stuttering and jerking and jumping upon acceleration. I took it back to the dealer every week for months. Each time they replaced something significant, like the transmission. I think I had 3 or 4 new transmissions. At one point, they replaced the engine. This car was a disaster. In the 6 months I owned it, the dealer had it more often than me and put more miles on it than I did. They called at one point and offered me $1000 to shut up and dismiss my claims. Um, no. After dealing with it for 5 months, the person at Nissan Corporate said she didn't realize my transmission had been replaced so many times. So they bought it back. But charged me for all the miles, most of which had been the result of the dealer driving it or going back and forth to the dealer. Then I got a notice prior to the completion of the buy back (and after they had already told me what they would give me for it) that I should make a payment since the buy back wasn't final. I financed through NISSAN!!. I made the payment anyway. And sure enough, when I got my check, it was for the original amount and didn't include the payback of my payment. So they tried to pocket that. I appealed it and it took a month or so to get that back. The only people that impressed me about Infiniti were the service people, who REALLY tried. Everyone else was horrible, from the sell to the buy back.