Used 2016 INFINITI Q50 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 INFINITI Q50 Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q50 model:

23k miles driven - True Review
By Joel

2016 INFINITI Q50 Sedan 3.0t Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

The car shows excellent acceleration from 0MPH. However, when in traffic, decelerating, or at slower speeds, if speeds are demanded, the car will drag horrendously. It simply will sit there and go through the motions before reacting to the demanded power (between the downshifting, and the turbo charging, it is extremely slow to respond). That is probably because it is mostly relying on turbo power when it is in motion or decelerating, and it is when the turbo lag issue shows up. MPG is far from the "estimated" values advertised. I personally drive about 65% city, 35% highway, and I get an average of 17.3 MPG. Everybody is amazed at the technology offered by this car, I'm like "meh". The redundant systems contradict each other, are really unnecessary, and are really buggy. For example, there is no way to set a specific app, or app function, as it will reset each time you start the vehicle. The Infiniti drive mode selection is not harmony with the other drive mode selection that is selected separately. You can set one at "sports mode" and the other on can remain on “standard”, and vice versa – no alignment. Also, these car's depreciation rate is probably one of the worst for Japanese cars. The review view camera software freezes constantly (I've had the unit replaced twice), the systems resets quite often, sometimes while driving, and the electronic clock shown is probably the brand killer (especially for those who really appreciated good clock workmanship from Infiniti), yes electronic technology the car is loaded with, not a big deal. In fact, I think it destroys the brand. Other than that, it is a smooth, comfortable ride.

Keeps getting better!
By AWH2Infiniti

2016 INFINITI Q50 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

So, I had my 2015 Q50 3.7L V6 AWD Sport Sedan for about a year and a half. Loved every aspect of the car. Infiniti introduced a 3.0L TT Engine last year and so I made the switch (I lease my cars - the best way to go!) I absolutely love the new engine! The throttle/acceleration response is to the point and almost instant! I drive this car daily back and forth to work and some fun weekend drives and am very happy with it! This time, I added the Driver's Assistance package to give me some safety features and I'm glad I did it. The only thing that I dont like (it has more to do with my personal preference - nothing wrong with the feature itself) is that the forward collision warning and emergency braking assist kicks in when I'm zipping in and out of traffic. I know I can turn this feature off but for the 10-20 seconds of "fun" driving, I wouldnt want to keep having to go to the settings to turn the feature of, even though it can be turned off just by turning the Traction OFF. This car is very smooth and it can get up to speed in no time so just in case... I never turn the traction control off. Over all... very happy with the change and upgrade. I'll probably switch to the RedSport next time around and get a feel for it that beast as well!

This car looks great on paper
By valmiles@cox.net

2016 INFINITI Q50 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

On paper, this Q50 Sport is a great car, less expensive and more capable than BMW 3-series or Mercedes Benz C-class. However, handing is awful, worse than any other car I have owned or driven, including SUVs!
Q50 is not new to power steering foes. 2015 has its issues with Direct Adaptive Steering. 2016 has gone to electric assisted power steering on the Sports model with the second generation DAS being an option. Being well aware of the issue with the first generation DAS, I elected to get base electric power steering.
The car, however, wanders whichever way the road takes it, which is specifically evident at highway speeds. If you hold the steering wheel perfectly straight, the vehicle starts pulling on one direction, after correcting it, it pulls in the other. We have seen number of reviews on infinitiq50.org forum about this issue, some owners indicating that Run Flat Tires (RFTs) are causing this behavior.
I don’t know for certain and I’m not willing to replace tires on the brand new vehicle. In few months I will trade it in and get something else, although at a loss.
Other than this issue and few deficiencies with the infotainment system, such as lack of useful applications and slow response, this car has been good. Acceleration is excellent, but the poor steering takes all the fun out of driving it.
After driving Nissan vehicles for over 20 years, this Infinity was a major disappointment. No more Nissan/Infiniti vehicles for me.

Great so far
By Javan Pohl

2016 INFINITI Q50 Sedan 3.0t Premium 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

I came off of owning a 2006 Infiniti g35x. I, like others, was worried about the acceleration, with this being a turbo driven(?), smaller engine. While I think perhaps this new one might have a little less grunt if you're already going 40 or 60, off the line, this thing is like a vomit-inducing rocket. There's a turbo?--I sure can't tell. Yes, the steering is a bit wonky at first but I think I might grow to like it--as of right now I'm ambivalent about it. It's like it fights your initial move on the wheel and then slightly keeps it where you move it. Weird. I haven't really had a chance to test them out but the brakes don't feel quite as utterly and mind-blowingly amazing as they were on my g35x. Those things were absolutely ridiculous though. I don't think I ever put my foot all the way to the floor. These ones feel a lot more civilized but I think if you do put your foot to the floor that's when they'd really clamp down? We shall see. The interior is mostly a work of art--I'm SO glad they changed the colors away from that amber/orange color (gross). However the dual screens are kinda weird. I hope there's a way to just turn off the GPS screen (haven't found it yet), 'cause I'd rather not have it on all the time. I also think it's pretty bizarre that you can't change the default driving mode (I have actually verified this one). I'd much rather have it start up in Eco and what's the point of having a personalized driving mode if you have to click three times to get to it each time you start up the car? Also seems strange that they don't have a main mid display mode that shows current MPH (that could be one thing I just haven't found yet, but I've definitely toggled through all the screen options.) Anyways, those are very minor gripes. So far this car is a dream... I want to live in it.

Better than BMW,Audi and Benz
By Adnan Syed

2016 INFINITI Q50 Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 7A)

I test drove Audi, Benz, BMW, Lexus and Cadillac... According to me Infiniti is better than any car out there.