Used 2008 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Great Riding Vehicle
By Rumplestilskin

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Check to insure the a/c and heat comes out of all registers.

Best Vehicle ever owned. Still the best I've owned
By Larry Belcher

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this Veracruz in Nov. 2007 new, traded in a Lincoln Navigator. This has been by far the best vehicle I have ever owned and I have owned numerous vehicles. It will be 10 years old on Nov. 8, 2017, currently has 319,116 miles and still runs like brand new, still looks brand new. Only had routine maintenance done up until last year and had to replace the catalytic convertors (2 of the 3) and the rotors. I did not hesitate to spend the $$$ for repairs. I only wish they still produced this vehicle as I would but another in a New York minute. My goal is to put 500,000 miles on this vehicle before I replace it unless it just totally implodes. Very proud Hyundai Veracruz owner!!!

Bought with 3ish now at 120,000 going strong
By Deb Cha

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Well you won't find one so you can forget about if. But if you do, what a deal! I purchased my Veracruz for something like 19K around 2010. I've had it for 5 years and put about 90K on it. It has been amazingly good. It was purchased to replace a Murano which I loved but which pretty much imploded at about 100K. It was leaking oil, burning oil and I'd sunk too much money into it. I was looking for practical and that is what I got with the Veracruz. It has been as frugal as I am. I don't know why they stopped making it. I bet it cost more to make than it brought in. I also like driving it because it seems to be surrounded by comfort foam. I can't tell if the engine is on or not because it is just that quiet. You can hear road noise while driving but you won't hear the engine. It is also safe. I drive in an area that gets snow from October through May. The vericruz has had no problems with the snow with all weather tires.

Noisy!!!
By R Don Huffman

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SUV SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Sold the car, now have a 2016 Toyota Highlander

Bought used still smiling 70,000 miles later
By carperson13290

2008 Hyundai Veracruz SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the Veracruz (1/2011) with 23,000 to replace 03 Murano with 140,000 miles. I needed a heavy safe car capable of carting a lot of people but used primarily to commute approx 800 miles/week often in harsh wintery conditions. The car now has over 100,000. It's much hardier than the Murano (not as fun). It has been relatively problem free. The superior warranty is a huge help-(although less than new). I've had dealer problems-billed for covered repairs and most recently, when problems were due to known recall issue-stood my ground. I've replaced the windshield wiper mechanism-bought used. It is very sturdy safe car with great flexible space-I'd buy it again except they D/C'd it. Why?

1. Safety: This car is massive. I've had mishaps- been hit, etc. and not even felt it in the interior. Has great safety features and is very stable in snow and ice. 2. Puzzling but reasonable gas milage:About 21 miles to the gallon whether driving in stop/go or highway. Isn't that odd? 3. Very flexible space:The 3 row seats can be configured every which way. Even the 3rd row is ok for adults but folded down, loads of space. 2nd row folds and splits. First row (nope you can't fold) allows passenger back to recline, etc. Rivals my old Saab in terms of flexible space. 4. Great warranty.

1. Local Dealer is terrible. 2. Wish driver seat was positioned higher and more upright like the Murano. 3. Brand slow to adopt advanced electronics compared to car peers-no aux in 2008 for instance. 4. Not quick or energetic but does have a surprisingly small turning radius-a plus for such a large vehicle. 5. Brand has not handled recalls well-not notified of one that caused us problems-leaving us stranded because the car would not go into park, couldn't get the key out, esc light went on and cruise would not work-a known problem we were not told about-dealer tried to rip me off-he was surprised when I refused to pay for diagnostics.