Used 2007 Hyundai Veracruz Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Hyundai Veracruz

View reviews for a specific Veracruz model:

Great SUV FWD
By normanebanks

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the LTD in early April 2007 and have 43600 miles on. I had the fuel pump and twice the brake light switch replaced in the two years. The car has been solid ever since. I bought the aftermarket "SES" 2 pc. grill which closed up the gaping hole in the front. Looks good. the dealer has been great with all issues. I love the looks, the ride, the luxury and the value. I chose it over the CX9 due to price and the Rendesvous which was dated.

The warranty, the looks, in and out and the luxury.

dI hear the 2012 has a new grill. I have not seen it yet but that was about all that I could think of considering the other updates that has been made since the 2007.

Excellent Vehicle
By dave

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

The Veracruz is a very well built auto. With the addition of a hitch, it even tows reasonably heavy loads without much trouble. The engine is very capable. The interior is nearly perfect. Material quality is terrific and better than my previous Honda. In 60k miles the only issue I have had is a power window switch had to be replaced. Great stereo. Has been in two collisions, front and rear, with no damage other than bumper cover replacement. One of the other vehicles was totalled with trunk and roof creases. Compares well with my wife's Acadia.

Quality, toughness, power, stereo, ride.

Slight changes to front end design, better fuel economy (it gets about 21mpg on the highway).

Rides like a RX350
By THSAutoman

2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased for styling, comfort, price & warranty after comparing to Pilot, Highlander & Mazda RX9. Subsequently found it to compare equally in size, comfort and features with XC90 and RX350 owned by other family members. Dealer warranty experience has been good on two occasions. Handles great in town and on highway.

Instrumentation layout & lighting. Third seat that folds flat. Reclining rear seats. Rear windows go all the way down. Height from seat to ground is excellent compared to other SUVs.

Offer tan interior with more exterior color options. Add power passenger seat as std. equipment on base model.

Bought Used--Lovin' it!
By Cruzin

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first SUV & I am in love with it! Buying this car used was well worth it b/c I was able to afford the Limited edition with leather seats & ALL the bells & whistles I could imagine. I feel like I'm driving a luxury vehicle! The car drives SO smoothly and it is SO quiet. Stereo sounds great! I read EVERY review on this website before my purchase and I think I made a great choice! I looked at the Honda CR-V as well but the interior honestly looked a little dated after seeing the Veracruz Limited Ed. I NEVER thought I would own a Hyundai-but I agree with another review, that this SUV is a hidden gem! I feel proud and smart that I got a "luxury" car for a great price!

Leather seats! Sunroof! Heated seats! Power lift gate! Infinity sound with 6 disc CD changer. Smooth ride, very quiet. Wood paneling adds a nice touch!

My ONLY thought is that I don't think there is enough horsepower. There's not a whole lot of "oomph" when coming out of a full stop. But its MUCH better than my old car and that wasn't a make or break for me. Wish the color "Satin Beige" looked more Beige than Silver, but its still pretty :)

70,000 miles and going strong
By ChaseFranklin

2007 Hyundai Veracruz Limited 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6A)

I have 70K on my vehicle and have three minor issues; a recall, and twice the throttle sensor died and I had to have it towed in. I learned that the first was a faulty program which wasn't corrected when I had it towed first time. Now they have it nailed down. As to complaints from others; I don't know how you're driving, but I get 19.9MPG mixed and 24.5Hwy. I am 6'3" and find the space plenty large enough, and I do some serious driving. One thing - I changed tires this winter and found the Continentals are much better in snow than the Michelin's it came with. Much happier with that change of rubber. Great car love it.

Stereo is great, seats are comfortable and I love the styling of the car. Pick up is about what you'd expect for this car. But warranty was the seller and still is as far as I'm concerned.

Window sill is too high to rest arm comfortably while traveling long miles. I am going to replace the struts with 70K, but not sure if that's normal or not. Need to ask my mechanic.