2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Hyundai Sonata ECO- The Fastest Sonata of them All
By oldeczecho

2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Eco 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Prior to purchasing my ECO I saw a review about this car on line. I called two dealers and they had no idea what I was talking about when I said I wanted to read test a Sonata ECO. The third dealership I called said they thought they had an ECO on the back lot. It was a 2015 ECO and it was quite dirty, as it had not been moved or driven in many weeks. Anyway, we took it on a road test and my wife and i were impressed with the spaciousness of the interior and the trunk...huge. The car rode smoothly and handled well for a huge sedan and the brakes felt very good as well. The salesman explained the three modes of the 7 speed dual clutch automatic transmission, similar to the type found on Porsches and Ferrari's...Normal, ECO,and SPORT. Normal and ECO modes made the Sonata drive like any other midsize 4 cylinder car, but the transmission super quick shifts made the car seem quicker. Then I selected SPORT mode...and holy crap! this car flew off the line, actually spinning the front tires when the turbo kicked in at 1500 rpm. I have seen road tests from Car and Driver where the ECO hits 0 to 60 in 6.5 seconds and does 92 mph in the quarter mile. Needless to say, I ordered the 2016 ECO and I have not been disappointed. My previous car was a 2003 Toyota Corolla. This Sonata is literally twice as big on the inside and the trunk is 50% bigger. Front seat legroom is amazing...I can fully extend both legs while driving. And the electric seat offers many adjustments. Gas mileage around town is 3-4 miles per gallon more in the Sonata compared to the Corolla. A recent trip upstate with 4 full size adults in the car gave 34.5 miles per gallon. Buy a 2016 ECO before Hyundai does something stupid and decreases its performance, because it is much faster that Hyundai's 2.0 turbo that has 75 more horsepower and costs many thousands of dollars more than the ECO. And, my ECO is still not yet broken in, with only 3700 miles on the odometer.

Highly Recommend-
By Alvaro M.

2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2016 sonata se- Did my research on other cars- including an Altima, Accord, Camry and Mazda6. And oh boy, my head was spinning and hard to make a decision, specially since I am tall, 6ft 2in. And finding a vehicle that would be comfortable is quite a struggle for me. Until I looked into the Sonata- For the money and feautures you get- I could not complain! Back up camera and Android Auto is phenomenal!!! Works 100% of the time and to top it off- The gas mileage- I drive about 60 miles a day and what I can say is it does really good- I average 32-33 mpg! The vehicle accelerates just fine- it brings me up to speed whenever I need it. We are a family of three- And really recommend to test drive the vehicle. The color I purchased mine was Red exterior color with Beige interior- Tint the windows and you got yourself a good looking car!!!

Sonata, so far so good
By David Slavo

2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Sport 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I love the ride, the quietness and the way it handles the road. For some reason the blue tooth doesn't support reading or responding to text messages. Love everything else though.

Worth every Penny spent on this Car.
By Satya

2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2016 Sonata SE base model which comes with Fabric seats and 7" screen and 16" alloy wheels default. Car is So Good. Seat feels little elevated compared to other sedans on roads and can feel that thrill. Fuel economy is Fantastic. I drive local and freeway and get a combined economy of 30 MPG which is great for car of this size and for long freeway drive it would actually go up to 36 MPG. Steering feels so good and comfortable, Controls mounted on steering are easy to play around. Shifter operating is so smooth. Apple carplay helps my phone displayed virtually on the screen and it is easy to operate around. Getting In & Out of car is easy, If you would like to go for a bigger sedan I would recommend Sonata. They have best in the Industry warranty. I personally enjoy the vehicle in each drive.

The car of my dreams!
By Lisa Crumpton

2016 Hyundai Sonata Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Sonata is comfortable ,fun to drive and a great value!