Used 2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonata model:

Sonata a great value!
By Bob

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Sonata is great value for your money. I've had one for 8 .5 years. Everything has been great with the possible exception of the tires.The original equipment tires had to be replaced at 28k. Everything else is good quality.I'm buying a new one .

An old familiar face
By John Hickman

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This Sonata has been very kind to me. Extremely reliable. Total repairs required since I purchased the vehicle new has been one ball joint replaced. I never had so much as a bulb needing replacement (headlamps are still original) until 120,000 miles, when bothe brake lamps finally burnt out after almost eight years. Very comfortable for longer trips (I'm 6'5"/280 lbs.), and gas mileage has been on the high side of predicted. The engine does not consume or lose any oil, which I attribute to Hyundai quality and to having used Mobil 1 oil and oil filters every oil change. I actually prefer driving this Sonata more than my 2015 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid Limited, which seems ponderous in comparison (though I love the gas mileage on longer trips). In my nearly eight years of ownership, the car has never failed to start, has never stranded me on the roadside, and has not so much as suffered a flat (sheer luck, I'm sure). I've owned eight Hyundai vehicles since 1999, and I believe this has been my favorite.

My door handles fell off!
By R. Scanlon

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Within a 3-week span last year (2017), 3 of my door handles came off in my hand. No rough treatment, just opening the doors. The car was only 6 years old. I jury-rigged a rope and pulley system to open the driver door through an open back window. Sweet. I called Hyundai to see if these were covered by their much-touted 10-year warranty. No, door handles are only covered for 5 years. Apparently people should just naturally expect them to only last that long and should plan to get them repaired after that. If you can get into your car to drive them to a shop...

Great Purchase 2010 Sonata GLS
By Heavy D

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Best used vehicle.Extremely clean inside and out! Just one owner previous. Low mileage and smooth ride.

LOVE THE CAR
By Ozziegirl1

2010 Hyundai Sonata Sedan GLS 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My dad brought 2010 at a auction with only 92,000 miles on it. It had two repairs that needed to be done, TPMS and engine light on. Got both repair along with oil change, etc. The car runs excellent, body is good and runs so smooth.