Used 1999 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Hyundai Accent Sedan Consumer Reviews

GL 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (8 reviews )

Unbreakable people mover
By Chrs68

1999 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought a rebuilt Accent from my sister-in-law when she moved to the other coast. The exterior design made me name it Gertrude. Three years later, I have not had to make any repairs, only normal wear and tear. This is just a people mover that does the job with no fuss, and I have no complaints about it, except that it is starting to rust (living in Quebec, any 10-year-old car has that problem). It has enough power for the job and not enough to be stupid with it - great for my kids. It has enough room for four people and adequate trunk space. I plan on keeping it for as long as the rust will let me.

practicality fuel economy simplicity (no fuss)

on hot summer days, I would like AC folding rear seats to increase trunk space

Awesome little car!
By Leo

1999 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Mine is the sedan with automatic and bought it almost 2 years ago from the original owner. The car feels solid and has amazing fuel economy. This last year took it to 2 road trips from Nevada to Ensenada, Mexico and my wife and I are very surprised of this car! Cruising at 75mph the car feels safe and stable. It's no Lexus or Mercedes, but it offers enough room and comfort for up to 4 people. It's a basic commuter car but we just love it.

Living in Vegas, having A/C is a must and this car's A/C is a gem! Smooth automatic transmission, sedan, trunk is huge for a car its size, fuel economy is amazing!! We only spent 50 bucks back and forth to Ensenada in early November, most parts are cheap too!

I have to say the engine is a little underpowered when the car is fully loaded, but let's not forget is a 1.5 liter engine!

Great Car for the money
By Hector

1999 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car on Dec 2006. It only has 9300 miles on it because it's a rebuilt car and was sitting on the dealer for more than 5 years. So I bought it, set everything back up and put it back on the road. It had only 2749 mi when I bought it. I live in Las Vegas and took a three-week trip to visit my friends in Guadalajara, Mexico (three-day drive) in this amazing car and can't complain about anything. My girlfriend, two friends and I were on the car down to Mexico, the AC was on the whole trip and the car was just amazing, just did oil change down in Guadalajara. The best thing was cruising at 80mph on the highway with the car fully loaded.

AC, Automatic Transmission is great, shifts smoothly. I'm 6'4 and the driving position is excellent for me, CAN'T COMPLAIN, love the whole car!!!

More cargo room, had to buy a roof rack to store our lugagge; more back seat room.

Excllent Second Car
By SAM

1999 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought the car new in 99 as a commuter for wife's school and can't seem to let it go. Paid for all recommended service at Hyundai dealer and never had a single problem that wasn't covered buy warranty and repaired quickly. Better dealer service than my $35,000 dollar 4Runner gets!!! I have convinced 5 other people (including my Mom)to buy new Hyundais and they all still like me!!! Simply one of the most reliable and affordable cars on the road. The warranty speaks for itself. If it wasn't a decent car why would Hyundai tell you they will fix it for free for 10 years!!! If Hyundai made a minivan I would buy one tomorrow without any hesitation whatsoever. Simply an awsome car and car company!!

Roomy, Roomy, Roomy, did I say Roomy? Seats 4 Adults with room to spare! Everything about this car far exceeds anything else on the market in the same price class and one step above it. 5 Speed provides excellent acceleration for merging onto the highway. Drives and parks like a go cart in city.

After one year had Hyundai dealer install AC. Service was so good I could not tell they actually did such a major modification to my car other than the fact that there was an AC button on the heater controls and the car got cold inside when pushed. AC doesn't even affect the gas mileage still 33 mpg

Would Buy Another
By Andrea

1999 Hyundai Accent Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

This was our 2nd Hyundai. Our 1st lasted 14 years. This one was rolled in an accident. It performed perfectly, the driver walked away. I would buy another in a heartbeat. It was reliable, easy to drive and maintain, fun and inexpensive. Everything you want in a little car.

Easy to reach dashboard items, leg room in the backseat, big trunk, great gas mileage.

Had a problem with the seatbelts in the back, should be longer and easier to use.