Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Odyssey for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Best Van Available

ROB136451, 05/08/2008
EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the Odyssey, it's by far the best van currently available on the market. The RES is great, the gas mileage is good. Odyssey has roomy interior of high quality and excellent laid out. The standard safety features including the rear camera are the best available. A great ride, over all.

Not what I hoped for UPDATE

Hammock246, 05/14/2008
EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

One more trip Illinois to FL and back on business and have to say I don't think this van will be with me for a year. Passenger side door sounds like it's falling off on bumpy roads. Creaks & groans from front end all the time. Rear hatch does not always respond to keyless input to open. Now 6400 miles and will need 1st service soon. Brought in to dealer at 3500 miles but they said not to service until 15% on meter. Told them about the rattles and the guy said "well, it's a van." Yeah, but at $40,450 I hoped for better.

First Mini Van

DP, 05/15/2008
EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think this van is great. I always told myself that I would never get a minivan, but with kids it's a must. I think its the best looking minivan on the market, both inside and out. So far I haven't had any of the problems that some have complained about like excessive road noise or squeaking. This van has tons of room and the backup camera is awesome. It drives just like my accord which makes driving it much easier for my wife. Out of all the vans I researched, this had the highest rating and now I see why.

2008 Honda Odyssey

Zeldad, 05/27/2020
LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This was a great car for our family. 145,000 miles worth of family vacations, caravans back to college, soccer tournaments and routine family travel. Consistent, reliable and comfortable. No regrets!

Did All Maintenance But Still fails

Held on to hope , 02/09/2021
LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2008 Odyssey Lx used with 16k(16,000) miles. Took it to the Honda Dealer for ALL maintenance and repairs diligently and on time. Torque converter failed @18k; power steering pump failed at 90k; power steering pump failed again at 130k; AC sensor/switch failed at 110k; transmission failed@120k- used transmission w/66k installed; rear engine mount failed@70k; sliding door(manual) cable failed @85k; valves adjusted & valve cover gasket leak @ 125k; now being told rack is leaking@134k; alternator failed@110k; rear struts failed at100k; Been through 5 sets of tires in 10 years. 3 sets of michelin defenders lasting no more than 20k, 2 sets of Bridgestone Ecopias. It’s been great otherwise. Now has 134k miles.