Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Odyssey for Sale
Select your model:
12345...33

Pros
Cons

Honda Marriage on the Rocks!

Rich, 11/08/2010
EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It was love at first sight, but after 26,000 mi, I'm close to filing for divorce on my 2008 Odyssey! "How do I unlove thee? Let me count the Defects!" 1. Rattles and window whistles from day one. 2. Mushy brakes: Recalled 3. Shutter and maddening erratic shifting: Re- programmed Transmission. 4. Loud Power Steering noises: Replaced plugged Power Steering Reservoir. 5. And, finally, failed Torque Converter: Replaced. I really what to love her, but she's making it awfully difficult. I guess, like some beautiful women, she's great to look at but she's nothing but trouble on the inside! I hope Honda doesn't run out of parts before the warranty expires!

Older ones were better

craig, 08/09/2015
EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2006 was one of the last year the Honda Van was really a good. Our 2008 has issues with the sliding doors, loose window trim on the sides and this crazy melting window glue that looks like black tar. A real pain to clean off. It seems to be a southern US thing with extreme heat or reflected heat on hot days, such as store windows back onto the car. Were looking for a new car and for the first time in 10 years it will not be a Honda/ Shame they could not stay focused on the details.

No More!

Tony Cruz, 03/03/2015
LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my van with 30K miles, and now nearly 90K miles I had a major engine failure (cylinder 5 blew). Honda knows there have been problems with this particular year, yet, will not make me whole. My warranty, of course, was useless. I was over my miles by 200 miles, all highway miles en route to my father in laws funeral. They didn't do sqaut for me! Let's just say I will not be buying another honda again. They're no longer 'reliable' to me and they produced an inferior product. I've got two old Fords that are still kicking! I'll be buying American moving forward...thanks to honda.

Honda's transmission is terrible!!!!!

burgh2, 10/23/2011
EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is the second Honda I have owned..it will be my last. The Acccord I purchased had a bad transmission in the model line, but I was lucky and it ran fine for me. This time, I landed squarely on a terrible transmission. It shifts constantly at highway speed. 55-60, 60-65, 65-70, 75-80mph...I've tried setting the cruise and it just keeps shifting. It's like riding in a vehicle that is hiccupping all the time!!! I've owned Toyota's and Nissan's in the past and have had great success, so long Honda!

Safest Minvan

pbconspiracy, 11/15/2011
LX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a 2008 Grand Caravan, which was nothing but problems for a CPO 2008 Odyssey. Had it for 6 months with no issues. Extremely comfortable, and performed flawlessly on a 1,500 trip this summer. However, the best feature is the safety of this vehicle. My wife & daughter were rear-ended by a car doing 40mph while they were standing still. Car totaled; Odyssey incurred $5,000 worth of damage. Wife and daughter walked away unhurt.

12345...33