Used 2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews - 158 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Odyssey model:

Honda knows what they are doing
By Danielle

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Nav, Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having been raised in GM products, I was loyal until I test-drove the 2008 Honda Odyssey in 2018. Comparing it to the 2008 Chevrolet Uplander, it blew it out of the water. No wonder they stopped making minivans

Mini Van Man
By Anonymous

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan w/Rear Entertainment (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall we are satisfied, however, we did have some transmission/recall issues to work through. Honda and the dealership stood by their product and completely resolved them to our satisfaction.

Best Ever MiniVan 2008
By Harry Hanson

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased this Mini Van in the summer of 2008. It was our first ever MiniVan the first thing I was told by my mother was that it rode so smooth and quiet! My wife & I take a trip (1650 miles one way) every winter and I can't think of a better way to travel with all our luggage including my golf clubs than in are Honda Odyssey. People ask me what the gas mileage is and I tell them I don't know, I didn't buy the van for its gas mileage. I bought it for its great ride, exceptional room and trouble free miles. It's not the sexiest thing on the road, after all how do you made a "breadbox with four wheels look sexy??? I love it so much we ordered a 2018 and are looking forward to putting 100k miles on it. Honda makes great engines and builds the best minivans out there.

Good reliable family vehicle
By Rodger Gregory

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX-L 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Accessory programming is non trivial . Ask dealer for assistance

Can a Mini Van be Classy?
By Jerry Maske

2008 Honda Odyssey Minivan EX 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This one is. I keep it clean and it's a pleasure to ride in. I have knee and hip issues, so being up in the air make getting in and out a whole lot easier. It's been good to us and I expect it to continue. The local dealership has been trying to buy it back for years, so that's a great indication of how valuable and reliable the used Odysseys are. It's too big for our needs now so we'll probably get something smaller when we part with this one, but it has served us well.

The Odyssey continues to amaze me. No problems at all. Change oil and filters regular, rotate tires regularly and it runs as strong today as it did when we first bought it. No interest in parting with it and taking on monthly car payments again. This one is just fine.