Used 2011 Honda CR-Z Consumer Reviews - 45 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Honda CR-Z

View reviews for a specific CR-Z model:

The Cat's meow
By pfukstik

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is a great car, Get one!

Gas mileage. Fun to drive. Plenty of leg room.

None

Love having a hybrid that's cute and sporty
By twinsmom2

2011 Honda CR-Z 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love this car!
I've had it a week and have averaged 45mpg just jetting around. I love that it's a hybrid but not boring. We are empty nesters so the 2 seater is great for us. The hatch area comfortably fits our 35 lb dog. We are tall but fit very comfortably with plenty of leg and headroom. Great stereo even in the base model, and the silver mesh seats are really nice.

2011 CR-Z
By candyrose

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love this car!
I just had to have it after taking it for a test drive.
I wasn't sure about going from an SUV to a 2-seater, but when I thought about it, I realized that I rarely had more than one passenger at a time anyway and if I do need to have more than I can just swap cars with my husband.
This care if pure fun and makes you smile every time you get in it.

Exterior style - dashboard - sound system - responsivness

none

The CRZ is much better than the CRX or Honda SI
By gatortd

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have owned a 1984 CRX and a 1993 Civic SI. The SI was more fun to drive than the CRX and my CRZ is much better than either one of these. There is more power than the SI with much better gas mileage.
About the people that criticize it having only two seats...I don't know of anyone that would criticize a Corvette or a Porsche only having two seats. If I want to drive more than one other person around I will drive one of my other cars.
This CRZ is to the 2000 teens what the Mustang was to the 1960's. Only now with gas at 14 times what it was in the 60's, it is all about gas mileage. Cars with poor gas mileage are obsolete dinosaurs.

Gas mileage and power.

More companies should be building these kind of cars.

Test Drive
By jrd325

2011 Honda CR-Z EX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 6M)

Drove both the manual and automatic and found the manual more fund to drive. Particularly the close shifting ratio of the gears and the smooth shifting. The critics reviews on Edmunds are accurate. I am buying an automatic 2009 Nissan Maximum V-6 SE Coupe, which has 270 hp and I am averaging 22 MPGs.
Wanted to test drive the CR-Z, not available in 2009 due to its MPGs and MSRP and the high trade-in vale of the Nissan.
Decided the CR-Z is not worth purchasing due to what I would give up with the Nissan for only 12 more MPGs and the MSRP of the CR-Z, which is not being discounted that much, even if gas went to five dollars a gallon. Also due to the crash ratings. Would prefer to wait.

Shifting, handling, roominess of driver and passenger area, climate control, outside temperature reading, heated outside mirrors, and all noted safety devices in and outside.

Re-design to reach five star crash test in all areas. Improve design to improve review.