Used 2002 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 346 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Can’t kill it even when I tried
By Josh

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car in 07 with 83,000 Miles, hoping it would get me to 200,000. Well...I just took my family of five across the country on a 2,200 mile move and we are currently sitting pretty at 240,000 miles. At one point during a difficult time in life I let maintenance of the vehicle slack. By that I mean it ran bone dry on oil. I was concerned and perplexed that it wouldn’t go over 2800 rpm without engine power cutting out. I thought it was the end of the road for old faithful. I then checked the oil after the engine oil light came on and to my shock...bone dry. 4 qts later and it runs like a charm. So lesson learned, the car has proven to be better to me than I am to it. Yeah, there’s road noise but it’s not a Lexus. I think the hidden table makes up for the road noise. It’s got a freaking table in the back!!! If you happen to find an 02 crv snag it up.

Love my Honda CRV
By Connie Hilliker

2002 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I owned this vehicle for about 5 years. It is easy to get in and out of and is very comfortable. The heat works fast and so does the AC. The only vehicle i had that the rear tailgate opened sideways like a car door and the glass in the rear door could be open, making it easy to haul large items. It has 195,000 miles on it and I am going to need to get a new one. Hope a newer model is just as great.

AWD Control, Totally Reliable, Secret Picnic Table
By Blue Daddy

2002 Honda CR-V LX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My Honda CRV standard shift is 16 years old with 90,000 + miles, and hasn't let me down once. It is consistently reliable with excellent handling and good gas mileage. The standard shift and all while drive give me superior control in all kinds of traffic, terrain, and weather conditions. I removed the center rear headrest to make visibility perfect. My only complaints are minor: a somewhat inconvenient center console, a smallish glove box. The trunk space is ample and the back seat easily folds down to create a huge cargo space that conceals a "secret" picnic table for tailgating. This car will easily last another 90,000 miles.

new to me 2002 CRV
By Roger

2002 Honda CR-V EX AWD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

These cars can run for 200K+ with proper maintanence. Bought this one with 160K on it and everything works very well and the car runs great.

Nothing else to say.