Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:
1...56789...35

Pros
Cons

loving this car

12civicowner, 12/11/2011

I gave up my aging 2000 accord ex-v6 for the '12 civic and have no regrets. Originally my goal was to get a Honda fit which handled nicely and had good utility space but when I sat in a Civic, it was a whole different story. The drivers seat felt great(fit's seat felt stiff) and my eyes were drawn to the dashboard. Immediately I was impressed. I test drove it twice at 2 different dealers and fell in love with it and knew i had to go home with it that day. The gas milage is excellent and when I'm sitting in it I don't feel cramped at all. I will be enjoying this car for a very long time.

Best value for money plus gr8 ride&handling

hondaowner12, 08/03/2011

We have been honda customers for a while..own a 99 accord (has crossed 225000 miles) which stills runs nicely and gives 35mileage..had leased 2007 accord which we loved. I recently bought 2012 civic and I love it. Moving from accord to civic may seem like a downgrade, but the priorities have changed, mileage and monthly cost being the top. The other option we considered was prius..But $7-8K additional price gives me -ve NPV over 5years..also I got 0.9 APR from honda financial My new civic gives me avg 42+mileage (I am mostly on freeway)..comfortable and spacious seats (for my 6'1" hubby too)..smooth ride&handling..

great car so far for first 5 weeks

yarruhs, 11/18/2012

I thoroughly enjoy this car. The fuel economy is far better than i expected. I have gotten as high as 40 mpg , and with each gallon of natural gas costing $2.05 , this has translated into an mpg equivalent of gasoline of 80 mpg ((when gas is at $4.00 for unleaded gas). I am waiting for the diamond lane sticker which will save me at least 10 minutes each way to and from work. One thing to note is in California there are many natural gas stations. The lowest price stations are the actual gas companies at 2.05 per gallon. Others will charge as high as $2.99 which is 33% more

Disappointed,

matt144, 10/09/2011

I purchased Civic LX (1.8L 4-cyl Automatic) in August 2011.The first impression was the car looked sharp and the price was reasonable. However, after driving it for about 2,500 miles, the biggest problem is excessive road noise. I drove Toyota, Ford and Nissan before but I never had such a noisy car. The mpg is 35 to 38 which I expected but I didn't expected such a excessive road noise.

Civic - better than ever!

winkr22, 11/03/2011

We bought the car a few months back with overall value in mind. Overall value, for our purposes, was defined as a combination of reliability, gas mileage, safety, long term cost of ownership, and comfort. I would say in that order -- but really all of them were high on the order list. We were not looking for the type of car to modify or look thuggish, and we did not want the type of car that gets stolen for that purpose like some of the older Japanese models like Civics did. As a VALUE oriented car, this vehicle is spectacular and exactly what we wanted. We have stopped subscribing to CR as their quality of reviews over the last couple of years has gone more the way of sensationalism

1...56789...35