Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Civic for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Five stars with an asterisk

Dmv22, 06/12/2020
LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

In the 8 years of ownership of our 2012 Civic, the vehicle has operated reliably and without issue. Averaging 12K miles a year, we have maintained the vehicle as recommended (regular fluid changes, tire and battery replacement) without need for additional service or attention. Power and acceleration, passing power and fuel economy sufficient. Actual 28 city/32 highway. Cabin noise and occupant comfort are the negatives. Loud droning road noise is irritating, regardless of tire choice...and seats are hard and narrow for me personally (6’/185)...which is essential for the amount of travel I perform. This is my fourth Civic since the mid-80’s...with the 1985 still being the best of all four.

Scary in the rain

Jeremy, 09/20/2020
EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car with 1 mile on the odometer and at first loved it. Over the years 3 issues have happened enough to make me hate the car. 1. So scary in the rain. Light rain and low speed hydroplanes are not fun. Any rain and high speed hydroplanes are even less fun. Several times I have slid across a freeway because of this cars absolute inability to handle rain. 2. Wind noise and Road noise - so loud... I am exhausted by the beating the noise gives me on the freeway. 3. Electrical issues - battery dies just annually. The windows will sometimes get stuck down once lowered and will not go back up. The built charger doesn’t work. The car burns up replacement chargers. Stupid electrical nonsense. Overall it got the job done in a loud and scary manner. If your down with being yelled at by the wind and with sliding across the freeway this car is for you.