Used 2003 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 589 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

2003 Civic Hybrid Many Problems
By Scott

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I have 180000 miles. Changed all fluids religiously. Had to replace clutch, transmission in Feb 08' and now IMA battery dying. $7000 worth of repairs. Very bad engineering solution for folks who care about the environment. Stay away from this vehicle...

Not much when it only has a 180,000 mile life cycle.

New design for clutch, transmission..

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr 5spd
By 2003 Civic LX 4dr

2003 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

Got this car 5 months ago and basically love it. I've had no problems with it thus far, and have adjusted my driving habits to pull in an average of 43 mpg (40 city, 47 hwy). Recommended car for anyone.

Blue dash lights, interior design, and fun to drive. and gas mileage.

easily scratched, gotta do something to fix that...

Love this car!
By Sam

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

My husband and I bought this car back in 2002. It has been terrific and has had no problems! We are so glad we had foresight to buy a hybrid. It's really fun to drive because you can see how your driving effects your MPG (although it can be a bit stressful at times, too). We will probably never buy a non-hybrid/non-alternative energy car again.

The gauge showing the current MPG and the other gauge that shows whether you're using gas or electric.

Canada SIR
By tommy b

2003 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm from Canada and bought Canada version of si hatch. Bought the car in August of 07, it's an 03. Nice car with lots of room had 3 people and snowboards inside. Would definitely recommend. Horn cut out about a month ago along with Cruise control. Brakes are great and so is handling. Stock rims could be bigger/nicer, I got aftermarket rubber and rims. Ground fx package is nice. Drives good in all weather, sunroof is good. Recommend winter tires. This is a great car with sporty handling, keep revs high and car is plenty fast. Great on gas and sound system is great for stock. Don't think I will ever buy anything other then a Honda. Car takes real

shifter, interior space, sunroof, seats and steering wheel are by far the best part of this car

A 200 hp engine would be nice (same as RSX type s not base RSX), bigger stock rims, lumbar adjustment for seat, armrest and second power adapter

A great car
By Huisonfirst

2003 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid 5M)

I can't complain about this car at all. I even wanted to pay for my sales person's rotary fines for him. It is such a great car, especially if you know how to maximize the MPG. My average is about 50. I am ordering a sticker that says "60 MPH = 50 MPG". I am also ordering a sticker that says "Relax: U R in the Carpool Lane" for those who try to go 80 in the Carpool lane. To get better MPG, avoid using your brakes, i.e., don't rush up to that red light and brake! We can all save 10% or more by driving reasonably.

stick shift

Make driver seat more comfortable than the rest seats.