Used 2006 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews - 489 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Honda Accord

View reviews for a specific Accord model:

Best value for the price.
By jimh70458

2006 Honda Accord LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at the Sonata, Camry (07), Passat, and Mazda 6 before deciding on the Accord LX SE. Although some had more equipment for the money, they all lacked in either quality, fit, finish, ride, performance, or road noise. In fact, I was really surprised when Honda's 4cyl out performed most of the of the competitor's 6cyl models. This given, that fuel economy is pretty close to EPA estimates. With 80% of my miles being in town, I am getting right at 26 MPG. My only problem so far is getting used to driving a manual again. The engine is so quiet that I sometimes forget to shift. Although this is my first experience with Honda they have certainly earned my respect and future business.

The car has a great blend of handling, performance and economy. The manual transmission is very smooth and makes it really fun car to drive. Also, it has much more legroom in the back seat then I expected.

An electronics package (fog lights, auto dimming rear view mirror, heated side mirrors, compass, outside temperature display, and homelink) should be offered. Most can be added by the dealer, but at a very high premium. Also, better insulation would reduce road rumble on rough and uneven surfaces.

Get it
By honda

2006 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, accelerates fast, has a lot of leg room. I'm six foot with really long legs and this is one of the few cars that I could fit into. Was looking at Camry, Corolla, and Civic. The Accord was most comfy and roomy for me. We got a great price too, only $700 more for the Accord than the Civic, while the Accord has so much more to offer!

Stereo sounds, powerful AC, roominess. Headlights are so bright I can acutally see at night. People flash their high beams at me becasue they think I have the high beams on and I don't.

Adjustable back/lumbar support hits too high on my back. Have the sunroof and foglights available on the LX. I was also unsatisfied with the color selection not many too chose from. I love the royal pearl blue, but get some more vivid colors. We dont live in a tan, silver, black, and white world.

The Very Best I Could Find for the Money
By John

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had to decide whether to purchase the Honda Accord EX-L 4 cyl or the Hyundai Azera. I picked the Honda since it is a proven product over time. It is an outstanding ride even for someone 6'1". The ride is superb in every respect. Try it out and you'll find it hard to say no to the purchase.

Beautiful design. Love the color outside with gray leather inside. Seats are terrific. Engine is as good as the V6. Quiet ride. Road noise is never a consideration. Quiet and pure luxury. Brakes are sure and quick. The leather is the best I have ever had in a car. Sound system is terrific.

Only wish it had a cassette. Otherwise, it lacks for nothing else.

Best Car by Far
By William

2006 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan w/Leather (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car has been really great to my wife and me. I have always heard good things about Hondas but never bought into the hype. After owning other new cars, the Accord has the best ride and performance.

XM Radio, Maintenance indicator

None

Excellent except
By Jon

2006 Honda Accord Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 5A)

Great car, I average aprox. 33 mpg combined. On trips it goes up to approx. 38 mpg. Biggest complaint is the gear box, it has a tendency to shift into 3rd rather than overdrive. Otherwise excellent.