Used 1997 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Accord for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

I'd do it again!

CoryinTX, 05/06/2008

So I purchased my '97 Accord about 3 years ago. Since then I've only had minor things to replace (both knobs for the A/C, timing belt & water pump, radiator, brake pads). I absolutely love my car! It has just about 115K miles and it still runs like a dream. This is the 3rd Accord that I've owned. The car is 11 years old, but I'm willing to bet that it's got another 150K miles left on it. The backseat is just ok for long trips (say my friends) & the front seats aren't that bad either. Could use just a little bit more leg room after 5 hours on the road (my partner & I are 6'4") & some extra lumbar support for the driver would be nice. All of these are minor issues though. GREAT CAR!!!

Reliable, Great MPG, Perfect color

sadtoseeitgo, 05/20/2008

This car was 2 years old when we bought it. Loved the look & at the time it was a good fit for us however due to back trouble I have to find a vehicle that sits up a little higher. No complaints about this car otherwise. We get about 23 MPG in town. IN LOVE with the color somewhere between silver & gold. Compared to my sisters Camry of the same year the Honda paint job has held up better. We have kept all scheduled maintenance up, so this will be a great car for it's new owner. Also I think this is still a very attractive car

The Honda

ladalang, 04/01/2002

This is a great vehicle. Very reliable. zippy when it needs to be. I really like it and it's great to drive on short trips. Long trips the left arm rest very uncomfortable.

97 honda accord

Daniel, 07/25/2018
EX 4dr Sedan

This car is still running good, it is older but worth 5x the book value in terms of reliability. still gets more MPG then newer cars- it is a heavier car then most sedans it is not as fast getting up to 60mph But faster still then many sub sized cars that are much newer also. Just dont like how the brakes work still, even new it is a bit slow stoping.

Since 1997!

Sean, 06/22/2020
DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my white 1997 Honda Accord brand new in 1997, and have never looked back! This car will absolutely never let me down, especially with the slightest amount of love and care. The car has bounced between my hands where it has been regularly used, as well as to my mother in law, who uses it some but not all that often, perhaps a 3 month gap between a 10+ mile drive. However, the car starts right up no matter how long its been sitting, winter included! True Honda quality. Currently, the car has just cracked 200 000 miles (which for these old Honda's is nothing), and has at least double that left in it. The car has not let me down, all the love I've put into it over all these years, it has given right back to me tenfold. Thank you so much Honda!