Used 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Mushy seat

Bill Williams, 07/12/2005
4dr Extended Cab Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Overall it's a really good truck. The drivers seat is mushy and lacks support, both the bottom and back of seat. The fabric on the seats is poor quality and is pilling on all seating surfaces. It drives good, has adequate power, and is really quiet. I frequently pull a trailer and it has good towing ability.

Good old American know how

averageamericanguy, 04/27/2006
4dr Extended Cab SLE Rwd LB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my GMC new off the lot. So far I've only logged just over 21,000 miles on it. The only problems have been minor; eg: a mild knocking, a broken seat spring, and somewhat twitchy speedo (possibly due to the subwoofers). Overall the truck has proved to be utterly reliable from a mechanilcal aspect and other the the fuel economy of a big truck, the throaty 5.3L is always fun to floor.

'04 much better than 99

GaDawg, 05/01/2006
4dr Extended Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2004 Sierra after buying a new 1999 one which was a DOG. I went against my better judgement and ordered the '99 knowing that GM never gets a new model right in the first year but I also know that after building the same truck for 5 years GM gets the bugs out, I was right, the '04 is much better than the '99 otherwise I would have shot myself by now

2004 Sierra Graphite

David Stevens, 06/26/2006
4dr Extended Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a total pleasure to drive. Except for a little wind noise in the rear doors which was quickly corrected, the vehicle has no flaws. Rotate tires and change oil and, of course, fill the tank and it is always ready to g. A great truck!

'04 Sierra

Ed H., 01/05/2007
4dr Extended Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed my truck from day one. Chose the GMC over the Chevy for front end styling. The color is Arrival blue and it has rear disc brakes, neither offered in the next year. The truck has had a few minor problems but it has all been covered by warrenty and the dealer has done a great job getting things fixed.