Used 2004 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Nice!!!

justa25thta, 08/29/2004
4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Although I have had the truck less than a week, it is really nice. Nice ride, looks great, gas mileage is already improving (should be about 16 mpg for the first tank and should get better). Big enough for the whole family and groceries in the back. It was this truck or a SUV, like the truck much better. Drove the Ford SuperCrew (Nice interior materials!) and the Nissan Titan. They are both nice, but the GMC had $6000 in rebates! That sealed the deal. Real glad I went with the GM!

Quadrasteer Rocks!!!

KellyA, 08/30/2004
4dr Extended Cab SLE Rwd SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I got what may be the last 2WD Quadrasteer in the contry, 700 miles from home, and worth the trip to pick it up. I hear it will be available in 4WD only in 2005. This truck is a dream to drive. It is easier to park in a crowded parking lo than the Ford Ranger I had before. I am still amazed by how tight it will turn. GMC's commercials don't do it justice. The 5.3 liter engine is very powerful, but I still average 19 MPG highway, and just finished our first road trip pulling my 1500 lb boat trailer, we still averaged 17 MPG! The cab is very comfortable for day long drives, spacious and quiet.

GMC Sierra Denali

RR924, 08/31/2004
4dr Extended Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I knew I had to get a truck, but I wasn't all that excited about it. We've always had them, but I had always driven a large sedan or SUV. I was amazed at what came standard on the Denali. This truck's standard equipment has all the luxury of the SUV's plus all of the utility of a full-size truck with 325hp, full time 4WD and Quadrasteer. The handling and performance of this truck is better than any other truck I've driven. The Denali is excellent in highway and city traffic as well as being very easy to get into and out of tight spaces. People stop me on the street and in parking lots to talk about this truck, that's never happend to me before.

GMC Sierra Crew Cab

Dcg, 09/10/2004
4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The vehicle itself is great. I would stay clear of Midway Nissan/GMC if you want to leave with any dignity. I am still trying to figure out how they added every maint service/Logard/theft gaurd/etc, etc, etc onto my contract without me wanting it. They have given me no follow up communication depite 2 very pointed letters. The GMC Sierra truck however is great. My family loves it this far.

2004 Crew Cab SLT 1500

mcotton, 09/09/2004
4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

ATC updates had to be performed after 5,000 miles to get the transmission working properly. Once fixed, the truck ran great.