Used 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Best truck I've ever owned.

IcantaFord, 01/22/2004

This is my second GMC. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Extremely reliable and efficient. Steering is straight. No brake surging. Drive train remains like new. Doesn't use or leak one drop of oil, or any other fluids. Excellent cornering without sway. Quiet interior. 4 wheel drive works flawlessly and smoothly. I will never buy a Ford again.

like a rock is true to the name

seadoog01, 02/23/2010

when i purchased this truck it had 142000 miles on it,it has 232000 now and its like a tank had to replace a few little things but for the most this truck is something to have i have had people try and buy it but its part of the family now son needs a truck now but i would buy him a new one before i would give up this one love my truck

Great Truck

Russ, 01/29/2008

I have owned this truck for almost ten years, I have replaced the battery and one front brake job, so obviously it has been a very reliable truck.

Gas Milage and wear out quick items

Resqdawg, 09/17/2002

When I got this truck,I realized I needed more power and fuel economy. So I surfed the web for these products,then bought them and installed them easily.I now get 19-20 MPG HWY and 17-18 City for around $700. The wear out quick items are A/C compressor and alt..I just changed these out at 65000- 68000 miles.Thats why I bought an extended warranty.

1998 GMC SIERRA

jcaprio, 04/13/2011

My 98 Sierra SLT runs excellent. The truck has 227 thousand miles on it. Let me preferance what what im going to say next. I am talking about my truck and not all GMC Sierra's. So here are the words im using to describe it. It's been a dependable, excellent running,comfortable,stylish truck .The only negative i found was it's difficult to work on Things that the average joe should be able to do are hampered by covers or hidden and that can be annoying. That aside, properly maintained, they will go forever. joe caprio

One great truck!

RW, 05/13/2008

I bought my k1500 new in 98 with the 4.3 and 5 speed. It has never once stranded me. I consistently get over 22mpg on the highway after upgrading with a throttle body spacer and air intake.

My Favorite Vehicle I Ever Owned

Matthew, 04/13/2009

150,000 miles and no problems yet, strong motor and drivetrain, 4wd works perfectly, great and roomy interior , i have done nothing but normal maintenance on this truck and haven't had any problems with it

Awesome Truck

GMC Lover, 05/13/2009

Bought truck new with 18 miles. This 4.3 5speed has been the best auto I have ever purchased. I have only had 3 sets of tires on truck, still have original motor. Very reliable on both short trips and long hauls. No rust on body that I can find. Best thing I did to truck was to have a spray on bed liner. Would love to own another truck like it some day.

work truck

Joe Gunther, 06/02/2002

I have really enjoyed my 98 GMC pickup..I drive it hard and it performs well..have tinkered with it a little to boost performance and it made a world of difference...open up the exhaust and air intakes and the truck responds very well..

Easy Glider

pgwhite, 07/19/2003

Reliable truck with plenty of hauling power. Comfortable interior. Had to address small transmission leaks and rotors had to be replaced at 60,000 mi. but other than that I am happy with it. Never stranded me even in -30 degree weather.

51050