2020 Ford Ranger SuperCab Consumer Reviews

$24,410

Save as much as $2,048
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Ford never disappoints with their trucks!

Canadian Ford Fan, 10/13/2020
XLT 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I"ve been a lifelong Ford guy and this review might sound biased but after spending six years of owning a 2014 F-150 XLT 4x4 Supercab and having my personal needs change especially within the past couple of years I had to downsize to something smaller but still needed a truck. I was thinking of going the SUV route with the new Escapes but after my wife talked me out of getting one we did some networking through some family and friends of ours and wound up going with a 2020 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4. After taking the truck for a test drive I have to say I was far more than impressed with the 2.3L EcoBoost engine (actually swore to God that I was driving a Mustang) and I have to say this truck can easily keep up with the traffic on the highway without any sweat, can zip up to 100 km/h in just over 6 seconds, has no problem with keeping up with the traffic flow at around 110-120 km/h. I have the CoPilot 360 which so far helps out but I'm disappointed to find out that beside a flashing indicator on the mirrors there's no chime if you change lanes indicating there's a vehicle in the lane you want to go into. However the rear camera is very handy, the 8-inch infotainment system is good but I feel that Sync could do a bit of a revamp to make the onscreen controls easier. Apple CarPlay is a blast to use but I wish there was a way to use the Sync voice commands while using CarPlay, mind you I did come from an older version of Sync so I probably still have some figuring out to do. Nevertheless even with the 6 speaker system the stereo sounds fantastic but could use a bump in amplification. The ride is actually good, handling is not bad. The seats do provide decent support and the cab has more than enough front legroom. The back seat is actually roomy for the average sized person but not if you're on a long road trip however its good for tossing a couple of suitcases for a weekend getaway. My biggest complaint is the position of the cupholders- I recommend taking your own travel mug for coffee on long trips as I'm dreading the moment that a lid will pop off my paper cup of Starbucks venti or a Tim Horton's dark roast! I haven't had a chance to try out the truck in 4 wheel drive yet as I write this but with our Canadian winters I can imagine this truck will do good. As for the engine it's really happy if you use a very good regular grade of gasoline from a gas station that's 'Top Tier' certified otherwise make sure you fill it up with premium once in a while to keep things with the engine in check.

Nice truck!

Joe Bike, 06/15/2020
Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Always had F-150's till 2009 when I began driving a Lincoln MKS. Loved that care for 164,000 miles. Decided to go back to a truck. Didn't want to give up mileage so looked at the Ranger. The Lariat trim level made me feel like I was back in the Lincoln. (Only thing missing is ventilated front seats, which I miss living in Florida) I have to admit, I was not prepared for the ride difference from the MKS. My wife reminds me it's a truck. The Off-road suspension package makes the ride stiffer than my friend's two wheel drive Ranger XLT. I went with the 4 x 4 because it allows flat (4 wheels down) towing behind my motorhome. The dealer had no 4 x 4's without the off road suspension package available. After three months, I'm used to the ride. I am amazed by the incredibly quick pick up from the 4 cylinder. The truck sounds futuristic because when it's being driven, you can hear the whir of the turbo-chargers. The truck handles well and has a surprisingly tight turning radius. I have pulled a 6700 lb trailer and the trailer package functions admirably, although I'm not sure I'd want to pull a trailer of that weight without electric trailer brakes. The pearl colored paint is awesome looking and reflects the Florida sun (and heat) well. The seats are comfortable, the ride is quiet, and the creature comforts abound. The 10 speed automatic transmission works flawlessly. Best highway mileage so far has been 25.6 mpg. Average mileage 19.7 mpg. Very pleased with the truck so far. Stereo system is only "good". Can't say "excellent." It would be nice if the Supercab was offered with a 6' bed.

Awesome little truck!

A Rochester Ford fan for life!, 04/20/2020
XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

I'm very impressed with the new Rangers! I've always had at least a half ton pickup over the years. When I bought a new Harley, I didn't want a big payment on a truck. The salesman asked, would you like a new Ranger. Initially I thought, too small. After test driving one I bought it! No regrets!! Plenty of power and comfort. Love the 6 ft. bed too. Honestly more than enough for what I need and I'm impressed with the towing ability!

Ad
Build Your Ford Ranger XL
At a Glance:
  • 6 Colors
  • 3 Trims
  • $24,820starting MSRP

The little truck that can

Roy C, 09/30/2020
XL 4dr SuperCab SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Great truck with amazing features! It doesn't have a way to play CDs but it is easy to pair your phone and use Pandora! So far the truck has been great. Comfortable and well-appointed.

Unreliable

Mark Carter, 05/12/2020
XL 4dr SuperCab SB (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 10A)

Just done 995 miles and i lost a cylinder....Ford recovery came out and said an injector has failed and my dealer not open so booked in for 29th May ! Want to get my money back but don't think that'll happen ! well worth 33 grand ! Thanks Ford for nothing i look forward to may years of happy breakdowns. I didn't get it from this dealer so it's no reflection on edmunds but be warned !