Used 2017 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews

Used Fusion for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

German performance from an American sport sedan

Brent, 12/04/2017
Sport w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had the car for a little over 9 months. I had one repair - a known issue where the battery would drain overnight. Simple reprogramming with a software patch took care of it. The car is very quick given its weight - quicker than the 2008 BMW 328i that it replaced. Handling is similar to the BMW with the aid of the AWD. The only area it is not up to the 328's level is braking - the brakes are pretty good for the Fusion Sport whereas the brakes on the 328i were excellent. The engine is outstanding overall. Plenty of power with a quick revving twin-turbo direct injection setup with very little turbo lag. The torque comes on strong just south of 3,000 RPM and stays flat until redline. This car really pulls! The transmission has been reliable, but it needs to be retuned with snappier shifts. It is not a bad transmission, but I would want it to shift quicker in Sport Mode. I have not had it past 120 MPH but it was still pulling hard at that point. At freeway speeds you need to be careful - if you floor the gas pedal you go from 60 MPH to 100 before you know it. Passing a car at full throttle can easily put you in triple digit speed before you realize it. This car could be a ticket-getter. The gas mileage is OK, but for the performance you get, it is well worth it. Cruise at 75 MPH on a level road and you can get nearly 30 MPG... but get your foot into it a lot and you can get down to 16 or so. I average about 22 MPG in combined commute driving. The interior is spacious, the electronics are very good. The sound system could use a bit of an upgrade with better speakers and a subwoofer, but it is decent as is. Seats are comfortable though not full leather. It is a quiet ride that can be a good commuter that just happens to have a lot of speed on tap, or in sport mode you can have it a bit more high-strung and have some serious fun. The trunk is large. Overall I feel happy with my 40 K purchase - I have a replacement for my 2008 328 I that is faster, quicker, handles just about as well even if it doesn't stop quite as short - and it was much cheaper than a 2017 BMW equivalent. It is nice to buy an American car that can compete with the Germans too.

3 out of 5 stars

Fun to drive...if it will start.

rsto10, 01/16/2017
Sport w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I do not recommend buying this car until Ford addresses and fixes the batter drain problem with this car. Numerous times, after sitting in my work parking lot for the day (8 hours), I return to the car to go home and the battery is dead. There is a bug with this car that my dealer, and according to the increasing complaints on the forums, most other dealers can't diagnose and fix properly. Ford has been silent about the problem and has yet to issue a fix to its dealers. Do not buy this car until the problem is fixed at the corporate level. That being said, if a fix is found, this is a really fun car to drive with great tech. With winter tires this AWD car is really, really fun in the winter. The only thing I dislike about this car is the MPG. Not the mileage I'd like or was used to with my 2014 Ford Fusion 2.0 Titanium AWD.

Awesome

CT guy, 01/07/2018
Titanium w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Rides like a 45k plus car for its category. Sync system is Microsoft so its simple and logical. Crazy amount of functions for the sync and car itself. Adjustable ambient interior lighting is great at night just pick your color. Ecoboost turbo performs well without being too loud in the cabin. Sport mode with rhe better fuel map ia pretty sweet for passing or accelerating past the morons who you just waited for to turn or go by. Overall fun and comfortable even with 2 car seats (one forward one rear facing) and for the cost is pretty sweet.

What a disaster!!!!

David M, 03/30/2017
Sport w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2017 Ford Fusion Sport is AWESOMELY fun to drive and is as comfortable as it is agile. I like the active dampening compared to my 2015 Ford Fusion, but oh how I miss that car compared to this one. Ive called Ford Roadside Assistance 5 times in less than three months to deal with electrical issues with my vehicle, which has less than 3000 miles on it. Finally decided to take it into the dealership yesterday, couldnt get a loaner, and sat there for several hours. But alas! The problem wasnt the battery as I suspected but instead a measly fuse that has been causing unwarranted drain to serially kill my battery. Great! Until I hop in my car this morning and it wont start... What a joke! Shipped from the manufacturer with a lemon of a battery or potentially worse - electrical problems. The dealer claims they cant replace the battery until it fails on the rotunda, and they say it has "passed" their specs. What's truly troubling is how much I love driving this vehicle but what use does a car have if it sits in your driveway without being able to turn on? Dealer wont fix it in a timely manner or to customer's satisfaction. I likely wont be purchasing another Ford again, and I certainly cant recommend the brand to any of my friends or family.

3 out of 5 stars

Great car, nice technology, but some cons

Zakareah Sikdar, 04/06/2017
SE w/EcoBoost 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Switched over from a Lincoln MKS due to horrible Lincoln service and stayed in the Ford family due to having the Ford employee discount, but I am regretting it - a bit. The car is great! I have the SE Tech and luxury package - comes with all the bells and whistles - premium audio, leather, heated seats, etc. Fuel economy is good (fills up for about $35 with average of $2.30/gallon). Acceleration is not bad for a V4. My problem arises with the steering and Ford customer service. When the vehicle only had 500 miles it was in the shop for a vibration in the steering wheel. Ford, who didn't provide me with a loaner car, stated this was a "normal characteristic" and they notified Ford Corporate. I was told to drive another 2,000 miles as my tires have flat spots. Drove another 2,000 miles and problem still persists. Took it back to the dealer and was told, "this feels normal to us". Fine, took it again and was told, "the tires were majorly out of balance". After receiving it back, the problem continues. How ridiculous that a brand new car with only 8,000 miles is having such a problematic situation with steering that the dealer cannot even figure out. Also, sent NUMEROUS emails to Ford Corporate - but I do not ever hear anything back. Overall, this car is good - but service with Ford is garbage. Will probably be going back to foreign cars - Lexus is the best.

12345...16