Used 2014 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A) Consumer Reviews

Select your model:

Transmission Woes

SyracuseSteve, 04/07/2016
S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I test drove quite a few cars before I bought my 1 owner 2014 Fusion Titanium with 25,000 miles on it (still under Ford's 3/36000 warranty) for a killer price. The car was very comfortable, peppy for a 4 cylinder and has a nice ride. The car performed well on my test drive and when I picked it up to take it home and about 20 miles from the dealer I bought it from it began behaving erratically, losing power and then shifting back into gear before the little wrench lite came on telling me to get to a dealership quickly. (The used car dealer I bought it from has been far more supportive than Ford and even offered to return my money and sell me something else while they deal with Ford, but I really liked the car and foolishly opted to deal with Ford myself) I arrived after the service department had closed so I asked about a loaner to get me home. I was told service has the loaners and they're closed. They helped me find the number to a car rental place, but the only one open was about 15 miles away and didn't deliver. After resigning myself to the fact I was probably just going to sleep in the car in the lot until morning and telling the supervisor the same they freed up someone to drop me off at the rental car place. I wish I had thought to just take a taxi home, but I was pretty stressed and frustrated and wasn't thinking as clearly as normal. The next day the dealership called and said 5th gear is out, but it's covered under the warranty. Great! Then came "It may take up to 30 days to get parts". I specifically asked and was told this car is not one of the ones affected by the transmission recall. They asked me if I wanted it fixed or if I wanted to take my car with no 5th gear. Hmmm, think I'll wait for it to be drive-able again rather than risk getting stuck on the side of the road. I authorized them to start the repair and asked again about covering a rental or loaner and they said they would have to pull the transmission first and break it down to figure out what they needed then Ford would decide whether or not I get a loaner or rental approved. They said it would take two days for the removal and breakdown. When I followed up they asked for two more days. When I followed up again they couldn't even tell me if they had pulled the transmission yet and asked me to keep my rental for 3 more days, probably on my dime, while they worked on it. So after having the car a week they apparently have done an initial diagnostic and nothing more. Wishing I would have just taken my check back at this point and bought something else as I have dwindling faith they will manage to get it fixed correctly any time this month.

Terrible transmission & warranty

Kyle, 02/18/2016
S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 Ford fusion, with 33,000 miles on it. Less then a week owning it & the transmission started slipping while accelerating & slamming into reverse. Took it to a Ford dealer & I was told it needed a new transmission. Instead of replacing it though, they replaced parts in it for 2 months.. Which never solved the problem. Ford kept calling & saying it was fixed, but when we would test drive it, the SAME PROBLEMS existed. Ford direct was of no help. After 2 months of Ford having my car, they finally replaced the transmission, but the slipping between gears STILL exists. The warranty on these cars is a joke.. Ford had replaced numerous parts to no avail, had engineering involved to no avail, and finally had a regional technician drive the car & order a new transmission. Don't buy a Ford. The time, the hassle, the inconvenience was NOT worth it. No one at Ford took responsibility for the delay and even said "we've never seen it take this long for repairs before.." but STILL took even longer. Completely incompetent company. The Ford regional service lady even got involved after 2 weeks, and promised to speed things along & keep me informed but again- she had no information, no solutions & the problem was still prolonged.

One great car!

pugman1948, 05/27/2014
S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought the 2014 Ford Fusion S (2.5) in ruby red Metallic paint. Although new car search engines don't show the premium red on the S model, indeed it is available. I saved a lot over the SE but lack some of the SE bells and whistles like power front seat, and rear view camera. The only visible difference on the exterior is the rocker panels are black vinyl which works very well with the red. At 1500 miles we took a 2000 mile trip. I kept careful records of the mileage. It seems that the results were 35 mpg highway and 26 city. I was very pleased with the results with the 2.5 liter base engine. It had plenty of power driving over the mountains of West Virginia The ride is incredibly smooth.

Perfect Mid-Size Sedan--Smooth, Quiet, Attractive

bobof15c, 05/14/2014
S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I LOVE my Fusion S w/ 2.5L 6spd auto. I bought this car as an everyday driver to and from work 75 mi round trip. I drive my 06 Mustang GT convertible for fun but for everything else this car is perfect and a great value, including impressing customers! Smooth, Quiet, Attractive and 175hp when I need it. I'm getting 38-41 MPG on highway, 30 in suburbs, 36 combined.

[non-permissible content removed] ford

Randy, 04/02/2016
S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought 2014 fushion se used with 20000 on it. Now 40000 miles and trans went out totally gone no warning nothing just started it and no drive.the sync system sucks. Its always doing its own thing. The air comes on when you want heat. Electronical nightmare. If i could go back in time i would not have bought this car and will never go to kunes ford in wisconsin ever again so rude people they promise you everthing until u sign then its all lies no one cares. They even said to me oh well you bought it its your problem now. Nice huh. Never again ford.