Used 2007 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 183 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Competes with Camry for cost of Corolla
By Don

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

No car can match the features in the same price range. Very pleased. Consistently gets over 35 mpg hwy, 30 city. Best was 40.1 mpg on a trip of 280 miles, fully loaded! Most of car (60% +) is Mazda 6, platform, so this is no recycled Taurus. Very agile at 3100 lbs, brakes stop hard, and 4 banger has same acceleration as a 5 cyl Jetta. Seats are super comfortable, and trunk is large, equal to my midsize cougar. Best bang for the buck.

Steering CD/radio controls, satellite inputs. Variable intake valving (plenum?), eliminates the sluggish HP curve at 1500-3000 rpm. Winds out good for 4 banger. Scotch guarded seats.

Visors fall (bad clips), Instrument cluster creaks on cold days, annoying fake carbon fiber dash trim. Steering wheel grip is too large to be comfortable.

Great car needs little improvement
By Michael K

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I leased this car in January 2007. It had great gas mileage and is a very very good looking car in my opinion. There were only a few things I think should be changed. The 4 cylinder really lacks power, to the point it drove me crazy! The 6 cylinder would make it a wonderful car! The only problem I had was the brakes making a snapping sound, especially braking after backing up, I saw several different Fusions that had that problem. Other than that it was an awesome car. Very reliable and solid, I think Ford did a great job with this car overall.

Great looks, awesome wheels, decent stereo, roomy trunk.

Complete overhaul of the 4 cylinder engine- really lacks power, not too much more!

A new face for Ford?
By Snake

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

When we bought this car I wavered a bit because it is a Ford but man have they changed on this car! For a mid- size car can this car move, looks like a perfect hybrid of mid-size and sports car. My wife loves the exterior look of the car and the lights. I would buy the Ford Fusion again in a hearbeat.

Exterior looks great! Drives great! Multiple MP3/CD player sounds great! Comfortable and manueverable!

I wish we would have bought the V6 engine, and some of the other options.

This is a Ford?
By swamprat

2007 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

What a great car. I had already decided to buy Asian until I drove this car. I've had it 20 months and still love it. Not one problem encountered so far. Good fuel economy about 28 at 65+ and 24 combined.

Design, comfort, sound system

Has a few blind spots on driver side and rear.

My Ford Fun-fusion
By Sharon Curcerello

2007 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is the first new car I ever had. Always used. When I get behind the wheel of my Tungston grey Fusion I feel as if I am a queen. The style turns heads and many folk have asked me about this car since I purchased it. If fact, I have converted a few who were loyal to another make, to buy a Fusion. I just took a trip to Conneticut and arrived feeling like I drove 2 miles to the grocery store. Needless to say I just love my Fusion and really do have fun driving it.

Lumbar seat, ease of handling, style, peppiness ( those 4 cylinders relly move) Just love everything!

None