Used 2016 Ford Focus SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M) Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Focus for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Great engine and comfortable ride

Java-Dprix, 05/04/2016
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had the car for not very long but I really enjoy it for the way it is. It drives smooth and as for the hatchback 4 doors; it's a great sporty. I find out that a compact Ford now can completely beat the Japanese models markets and so on. I'm renting it and as for highway rides, it drives really smooth with good performance, wonderful shifting with quiet sound. This 4 cylinder will not make me regret on driving and spending money daily on renting it. Go Ford.

My Ride going downhill

RainRoc, 05/11/2016
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, I am still driving my Ford Focus. I don’t like it anymore I have 26,000 miles on it now. It has sooo many recalls on it. When driving on the highway and stepping on the pedal, it will not respond at times, so I coast a bit, then it responds. The transmission continues to ‘jerk’ when accelerating. I bought this car because I wanted to ‘Buy American’. I’m getting rid of this car and going back to my Favorites - Subaru and Toyota. This was my 1st Ford and definitely my last!

Great value

Jordan R, 04/25/2016
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Update: transmission woes still not resolved. Stay far away. Poor resale due to the trans issues. Purchased a 2016 Focus SE w/Sport Appearance package as a daily driver. Mix of city/expressway driving. IMO the Sport appearance package is the best bang for the buck. You get a ton of features with it including: rear disc brakes, upgraded rear bumper, painted lower trim, fog lights, upgraded front honeycomb trim, paddle shifters, leather steering wheel, leather shifter, and 17" upgraded wheels and tires. All that for about a grand more. I will admit the "leather" on the steering wheel is nothing to write home about, but it is better than the standard wheel on the S. I liked the Mazda 3, but given the discounts and incentives combined with the better priced packages the Focus came out much much cheaper. Mazda's appearance package for example is 1750 and if you get it on the i-Sport you have to add an additional package further increasing the costs. MSRP on iSport and iTouring (how I would equip) were 1500 and 2500 higher respectively. Fuel economy has increased after break-in to about 33 combined. It won't win any races but the engine is smooth and has enough power for passing. I find the electronic steering very good, I never feel any vagueness or sluggishness. It's very direct and dialed in well. Prior years have had problems with the powershift dual clutch trans. So far I've not had any issues, but I've been driving dual clutch trans since 2007. There are certain quirks about them that aren't seen in a conventional auto with a torque converter. I may end up buying the extended warranty depending on how others fair with the trans. I plan on keeping this car a long time. I love the multi-function display and it's many options. It has a display with info on several catagories or you can focus in on one catagory such as a digital speedometer. The eco stuff is kind of goofy and seems pointless. I've already achieved "Eco Champion" even though I have no idea how I did it. I don't drive with economy in mind. I did have the display freeze on me one time during a 40 mile trip. I attempted to switch from Trip 1 to Trip 2 and it hung up with a blank blue background with miles and gears displayed. The miles were stuck and did not go up. Once I got to my destination the screen stayed on with the key out of the ignition. Eventually it went out and came back to normal once I restarted the car. The miles did jump up to the expected amount. Has not happened since, so hopefully it was a fluke. Steering wheel controls are plentiful and work well. Bluetooth audio streaming works well and picks up quick. I prefer paddle shifters to the +/- on the gear shifter. Back seat is a little tight in the leg room department, but I will rarely have anyone back there. Little touches like dual USB, hinged 12v power cover, coin slot, arm rest tray, and a plethora of cubbies are very nice. Has the three blinks option when using the turn signal which I prefer. It may seem kind of cheesy but I like the wipers. They aren't normal in their sweep, they kind of come out of the middle. I would call it euro-style. This also means you don't get the half moon missed spot in the middle since they fold back into that spot. There's a couple of minor annoyances I've uncovered after owning it for a few months. First is the top of the dashboard is not dull enough and reflects onto the windshield quite a bit in the mornings driving directly east. Next is there is a slight dip in the dash where it meets the windshield (this is for the defroster). Normally this wouldn't be any sort of issue but it causes a visual distortion due to the reflection change. For example if you are driving along a road marked with a solid line to the right - you will notice the line will shift on the bottom inch or so of the windshield due to this. Once you see this it WILL annoy you. I had to point it out to a passenger and once they noticed it it bothered them too. Last the key I have is not smart (that's a different package) I wish however that it at least folded or something. It's a bit bulky and "old fashioned". Audi/VW keys for example flip out like a switch blade and as such fit better in your pocket.

Upgrade from a Prius C to a Ford Focus Hatchback

SHERRY SMITH, 02/12/2016
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a 2013 Prius C for a 2016 Ford Focus Hatchback. I am very happy with the Focus. The Focus is slightly longer and wider than the Prius C. The materials used in the Focus interior are a higher quality than the materials used in the Prius C. The Focus is more comfortable, quieter and has more pep than the Prius C. The Prius C had quite a bit of road noise while driving, making it hard, at times, to listen to music or be on the phone. There are two things I miss about the Prius C: 1) the wonderful gas mileage (52 mpg) and 2) the hands-free entry (I never had to pull my key out, the door unlocked automatically when I approached the car). I am still getting used to having to unlock the Focus with the key fob. (Such a minor inconvenience, however I REALLY liked the push-button start in the Prius and the auto-unlock, making getting in and out of the car hands-free.) Another Focus plus: the seat warmer in the Focus has 3 temperatures where the Prius C only had 1 (and the heat seemed to toggle on and off). Also, the Focus has a heated steering wheel, which comes with the All-Weather package. Again, something I never thought I wanted! Now that I have it, I love it. Perfect for Michigan winters. All in all, the Focus is a superior car to the Prius C, with high quality materials and a solid, stable, peppy feel behind the wheel. It is excellent quality for the price. I highly recommend the 2016 Ford Focus Hatchback.

First Ford! Great Vehicle!

Matt L, 03/01/2016
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up a brand new 2016 Focus and I'm in love! Great vehicle with a surprising amount of pep and very zippy steering. This car is fun to drive and is great for both highway and city traffic settings. The quick manueverability has already helped me get out of gridlock a couple times and the 201a package with Sync 3 and Sony sound system rocks. I got a great deal on this car and I'm very impressed with the quality.

12345...7