Used 2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fiesta model:

You can Pass the Gas station
By Greg

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for me, but it's not for everybody... my wife has a hard time getting up n out of it. also if your over 6' tall it might be to small to get into and out of. that beings said, I'm getting avg 38 mpg driving 32 miles round trip to work everyday, with a trip into town once a week maybe, so 11gal gets me about two weeks before I have to fill up. Just did a brake job and new tires at 50k on my 2012. planning on driving this till the wheels fall off. manual trans. by the way love the shifting, just wished it had a turbo kit in it... easy to find a parking spot compared to our F-150 So yes, I really like it specially for a go to work vehicle.

One of the worst quality cars I’ve seen
By Daniel

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My girlfriend owns this vehicle and it is plagued with problems at just 35,000 miles. There is a eather stripping coming off the windshield, door jams, window seals, etc. Interior panels falling apart on drivers and passenger side, faulty window switches, faulty transmission that ford will not replace (class action law suit against them for this), rear hatch compartment cover broke off, etc. The list goes on and on and these are all common problems which is unacceptable. The car is driven by a careful young woman, yet it’s falling apart due to the terrible quality of Ford. We are both VERY disappointed at this vehicle and I warn you, as an educated consumer, do your research, and avoid this car like the plague. Originally the vehicle was gifted while in college, but we are now looking forward to selling it because it’s so terrible.

Car is more trouble than it's worth!
By Sam

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have own my car for almost 2 years and it has been in the shop three times. They replaced the clutch under warranty twice and it looks like it needs it a third time which won't be covered. Apparently there is another problem with the transmission than what Ford is telling the dealerships what to fix. Thanks Ford for the temporary non beneficial fixes.

Fiesta issues
By Alice Hughrs

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my fiesta 2 years ago.Within 1 month transmission was stuttering and shuttering.Multiple trips to Ford dealership concerning g transmission. Service was very rude.After several times of calibrating I eS told it needs a clutch. Long story short we have had 3 clutch's put in.The last one is out already.Now I am also having issues with mass air support system and loud noises while I am driving.The car is awful

Great basic car
By ray Gleffe

2012 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a car to just commute in Monday thru Friday it has been great . 33-34 mpg city 40 on the hwy doing 75 to 80 mph. just change the oil and put gas in it . the only problem I've had was the Throttle position censer went bad. about $400.00 but I had bought insurance. i also have a 5 speed so I can't say about the Automatics. Also got the Sync a little difficult sometimes, ok for first gen. artificial intelligence but great for hands free phone use. i bought the car in NOV.2011 and have 69K on it as of 6/17.Will probable keep it till it dies which I'm hoping is about 200K