Used 2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Arizona Desert superduty
By phillip chandler

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have been AMAZED by my 2012 F 250 4x4 6.7. I did a lot of research and talking with super-duty owners prior to purchasing mine. if you are purchasing a diesel and have never had a turbo please talk to someone who owns one so you know how to drive it without burning up the turbo. This truck has a ton of on demand power and will definitely get up and go and rides like a Cadillac. towing is awesome, it pulls my 26' trailer like it inst even there in all road and weather conditions. love the up-fitter switches. my only complaint is the PLASTIC OIL PAN on a 4x4 really, and i will say that the keys with the remote start are extremely poor quality and break in you pocket so definitely get some spares. other than that this truck is a beast and has performed beyond my expectations.

Super Super Duty
By R Dieter

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Mine's a 4 door 6'9" bed 2 wheel drive gas burner, that's what I needed. I love this truck! Accelerates like a sports car, rated to tow 12,000lbs. Can pull 8000 all day without breaking a sweat. I have a Lariat. power leather seats are the way to go if you spend lots of time in it. The sound system has a built in subwoofer. LCD screen on the dash besides info screen shows all kinds of info. My wife likes being just a bit higher than everyone else on the road. Plus, the reflection in the front grill makes us look tall and thin! It'll get 17 mpg highway, and 15 combined. I have 186,000 miles on mine in 4 years, so lots of highway miles, but it has had no breakdowns. I had to replace the cat converters couple months ago. changes plugs at 100k, changed rear end fluid, and filtered transmission fluid. Other than that, serviced at 7500 miles and that's it. I use Firestone Transforce HT tires and am on my 4th set. I used it for pulling trailers the first two years I had it, now I only pull a small trailer, so I might get a half ton next, but I'm seriously considering replacing this with a similar one next year.

Love my truck...don't like Ford
By countrycityboy

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

My King Ranch has been awesome in the couple seasons I've been using it for hunting on the Eastern Shore of Md., hauling prodigious amounts of firewood and towing a 12' fully loaded U-Haul from Ohio to NJ (up and down the mountains). My disappointment is that the mirror motor stripped (as it appears it does occasionally on other websites) and Ford will not honor the warranty. They claim it was damaged based on a "digital image expert" who analyzed a photo of the mirror. It was never damaged and the dealership agrees but is helpless to assist. I was hoping Ford would be that great American company I thought it was when I bought the truck...oh well. Still love the truck though!

Solid body, beefy torque, great leather interior (King Ranch is the way to go). The looks of the truck are great.

Fix the mirror motors so they don't strip and stand behind the warranty when they do strip.

Great work truck, but a beast to drive
By matt_k

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I drive an employer-owned F-250.
I can only say positive things about its ability to carry a load, including at least four passengers.
I recommend it if you need a real work horse of a vehicle, but not for the average "Harry Homeowner" who wants to drive a pickup.
The size and wheelbase of this truck can make it a hassle to manuever; especially in tight spaces and parking lots.
My personal truck, and F-150, is much easier to drive and still provides the utility of a pickup.

The comfort, fit and finish are all good quality. A stand-out item for me is the side-view mirrors. On a truck of this size, visibility can be a problem. The large side-view mirrors, especially the included wide-angle mirror, make me feel much more secure when changing lanes or backing.

This may seem like a small thing, but the turn signal switch is the worst! The switch itself does not have that solid "click" that everyone is accustomed to. It is more an electronic switch than mechanical, and takes a light touch. The audible tick that usually tells me the blinker is on, is also too soft to hear. This is a terrible combination of two bad features. I hope that Ford discontinues use of this switch system and returns to a mechanical switch. I want to know for sure when my blinker is on, and when it is off. The current system makes me guess.

BEST FORD TRUCK YET
By flablueovalfan

2012 F250 King Ranch 4X4, 6.7 Diesel

This is the 7th Ford pickup I have owned
- it is without a doubt the best yet. I traded an '09 F150 Platinum 4X4, because of the need for a stronger truck for towing. This truck doesn't flinch at towing 8,000 pounds. Unburdened, around town, it easily achieves 17 mpg. The day I purchased the truck from a dealer in Louisiana, we drove it back to Florida and saw 23 mpg in mostly highway driving - that is easily a 6 mpg improvement (city/highway) over the 1,000 # lighter F150! With 800 ft./lbs. of torque on tap at barely off idle, it transits any terrain with no effort. The build quality is excellent as well.
I am very pleased with this new Super Duty!

performance and fuel mileage of 6.7 Turbo Diesel, build quality

Could use some more interior lighting, install larger 35 gal fuel tank from long (172") wheelbase truck in short (156") wheelbase.