Used 2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Arizona Desert superduty
By phillip chandler

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have been AMAZED by my 2012 F 250 4x4 6.7. I did a lot of research and talking with super-duty owners prior to purchasing mine. if you are purchasing a diesel and have never had a turbo please talk to someone who owns one so you know how to drive it without burning up the turbo. This truck has a ton of on demand power and will definitely get up and go and rides like a Cadillac. towing is awesome, it pulls my 26' trailer like it inst even there in all road and weather conditions. love the up-fitter switches. my only complaint is the PLASTIC OIL PAN on a 4x4 really, and i will say that the keys with the remote start are extremely poor quality and break in you pocket so definitely get some spares. other than that this truck is a beast and has performed beyond my expectations.

Great F250
By Claude Doud

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr SuperCab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have been pulling a 12000 lb 5th wheel and am truly glad I purchased this truck. This diesel engine has been great. I put the cruise control at 62MPH and go up the hills, down the hills with little strain......

Super Super Duty
By R Dieter

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty Lariat 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Mine's a 4 door 6'9" bed 2 wheel drive gas burner, that's what I needed. I love this truck! Accelerates like a sports car, rated to tow 12,000lbs. Can pull 8000 all day without breaking a sweat. I have a Lariat. power leather seats are the way to go if you spend lots of time in it. The sound system has a built in subwoofer. LCD screen on the dash besides info screen shows all kinds of info. My wife likes being just a bit higher than everyone else on the road. Plus, the reflection in the front grill makes us look tall and thin! It'll get 17 mpg highway, and 15 combined. I have 186,000 miles on mine in 4 years, so lots of highway miles, but it has had no breakdowns. I had to replace the cat converters couple months ago. changes plugs at 100k, changed rear end fluid, and filtered transmission fluid. Other than that, serviced at 7500 miles and that's it. I use Firestone Transforce HT tires and am on my 4th set. I used it for pulling trailers the first two years I had it, now I only pull a small trailer, so I might get a half ton next, but I'm seriously considering replacing this with a similar one next year.

Mikey
By Michael L Smith

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr SuperCab LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I've never had any problems

Love my truck...don't like Ford
By countrycityboy

2012 Ford F-250 Super Duty King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

My King Ranch has been awesome in the couple seasons I've been using it for hunting on the Eastern Shore of Md., hauling prodigious amounts of firewood and towing a 12' fully loaded U-Haul from Ohio to NJ (up and down the mountains). My disappointment is that the mirror motor stripped (as it appears it does occasionally on other websites) and Ford will not honor the warranty. They claim it was damaged based on a "digital image expert" who analyzed a photo of the mirror. It was never damaged and the dealership agrees but is helpless to assist. I was hoping Ford would be that great American company I thought it was when I bought the truck...oh well. Still love the truck though!

Solid body, beefy torque, great leather interior (King Ranch is the way to go). The looks of the truck are great.

Fix the mirror motors so they don't strip and stand behind the warranty when they do strip.