2018 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Perfect for Town and travel.
By Trena

2018 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

This version is a really nice around town truck. Running errand, picking up kids, this is a great mom truck. However if you’re pleasure is hauling, off roading or towing, I’d suggest you upgrade. I’m not one to buy more than needed so for me, this truck is perfect. My husband and I like to travel our state in comfort and may have our adult children with us so this truck fits our needs.

Christ and Gray Ghost 2 saved me
By Jon

2018 Ford F-150 Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

MY 2016 was totaled along with a new Honda Pilot and another F150. If for no other reason the 2018 F 150 was the only way to go. Love the new 10 speed and added torque.

Best truck on the road.
By Tom Kermis

2018 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

This vehicle was customized to meet my exact t needs, which is a great thing about the F-150. You get what you want without a lot of what you don't want.

Excellent Truck - Advertised EPA MPG?
By Joel

2018 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD 8 ft. LB (5.0L 8cyl 10A)

Ive had my new 2018 Supercab XLT F150 now for about a month and a half - 1500 miles into the break in and i’ve been testing the advertised MPG, 19 city / 23 highway. The vehicle is a 5.0 V-8, 2WD, with max tow package. This truck has the 36 gal fuel tank (extra weight), i’m 215 lbs (more extra weight, they’re tested with 150lb person), super cab, 3.55 gears, and 20” wheels (I imagine they test them with smaller wheels/cab for weight reduction.) My real world numbers: Highway, loaded empty, sea level with flat roads, cruise control, 60-68 mph, round trip is 130 miles for this test and it’s been done 3 times: 20.5 mpg —- City/Combined mix driving.. this includes towing a 3000 lb boat, stop and go traffic, and a little bit of highway: 15 -16 mpg. There’s a lot of extras on this truck, 20” wheels, 3.55 gears, etc so all of that picks away at the advertised EPA. Other than that, I love the truck and I enjoy driving it. Lots of power, espically for towing, and very comfortable ride.

First time Ford buyer
By D. Ainsworth

2018 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab 6.5 ft. SB (3.3L 6cyl 6A)

Trucks are insanely expensive now. I never liked the F-150, but after having some poor experiences with the dealerships that sell the truck that was my first choice, I decided to give Ford a shot. I have the 2.7l Ecoboost and am quite happy with it. You have 5 settings for the type of driving you want. If I forget to change it and it stays in normal, I cannot tell I’m driving a V6. In Sport mode it is a blast! I try to stay in Eco to maximize my mpg. My commute is 90 miles round trip, a mix of 70mph highway and 55 mph roads with few stops. I’m getting in the mid 20’s consistently. My local dealer actually wanted to sell me a truck which is nice compared to my former brand. I also save $0.60 a gallon because I can use regular (87) as opposed to the premium I had to put in my old car. This truck is doing a great job of making me feel like I did not settle for what was my third choice. I also feel better about not waiting to get the new 3.0 diesel option (which was my first choice on the other truck). I recommend you drive one for yourself, you may be as pleasantly surprised as I was!