2017 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Never going back to a small truck!
By Poppy Neese

2017 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I always bought small trucks, 1 GMC S15 and 2 Tacoma’s, all were great lil trucks and easily handled what I needed. My wife and I are in our mid 50’s, she always complained about how uncomfortable the Tacoma’s were and rarely ever drove the Tacoma. We now have grandkids and wanted something more comfortable. I found a 2.7 4wd Crew Cab F150 STX for 32 thousand on line, roughly 4 hours away. Have to admit I was a little worried about such a small engine handling such a big truck. Well a year and a half later and 22,000 miles on her all I can say the engine is amazing, quiet, economical and powerful, driving her easily I get 20.4 mpg, calculator checked, around town. Recently on a 2 hour trip from Bluefield WV to Marlinton WV about 145 mile I got a unbelievable 25.5 mpg. all 2 lane highway rural roads. Not a single trip back to the dealer for anything. This lil engine will pull away from a stop lights and leave the 5.3’s and 5.7’s in the dust 0-60. Ford sales over 750,000 F150’s a year and it ain’t no wonder, my STX is a basic truck and couldn’t be happier with it. My wife loves driving it, tows 5,000 lbs easily and delivers about 15mpg while doing it. I do my own oil changes and the are easy to do, YouTube has some good videos on it. This so far has been the best most comfortable vehicle I have ever owned and it will fly!

Excellent truck.
By Marcus

2017 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

We test drove a really nice '17 F150 among others before opting to buy a new one. The 2017 we drove had a smooth ride, solid handling, and more horsepower than anyone really needs, which is a delight too. This one had the small dash screen with navigation buttons. It works well, and I like way they have 10 easily accessible radio presets in that design. I'm partial to the touchscreen, but the "cheaper" option is pretty intuitive and has its advantages. Overall, if you're going to spend the big bucks for a truck, it should be an F150. They're the standard for pickups, and I can see why.

CHEAP CRAP
By Larry Anderson

2017 Ford F-150 Limited 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

Buy something other than a Ford 150

Towing and tripping
By Craig

2017 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Primary drivers behind purchase was use as a tow truck for my boat (@ 2,960 lbs.) and secondarily as a comfortable, serviceable vehicle for long road trips. Daily driver stuff not a consideration. Got the XLT Supercrew with the 3.5 liter Ecoboost, 10 speed auto, 4WD, 302A, tow and off-road packages. The off-road package idea was to get a little more clearance and not scrape the driveway every time I hitched my boat. Being a 68 year old retired teacher the only way I'd normally go off road is if I fell asleep at the wheel on the interstate but you never know. Straight up saved me from being a Bigfoot meals on wheels while exploring a road/trail and accidently got into some deep, loose sand on the banks of the Trinity River. It was ugly. Popped that puppy into 4WD and drove right through it. Who'd a thunk it? Vehicle has the 20 inch tires that appear to be a foot wide, class IV hitch, and 36 gallon gas tank. After driving for almost 10 months, with a 7,220 mile road trip and a thousand mile round trip tow experienced very, very pleased. If I had it to do over again be tempted to go with the 2.7 liter Ecoboost. Little cheaper, little bit more economical. For me the 3.5 is overkill - it'll almost jerk the trailer out from under the boat. Then again truck isn't tasked heavily so maybe it'll last longer. Truck got 22.1 mpg on the long road trip and 16.1 mpg on the long tows. Very comfortable. Rides well - maybe a tad harsh unloaded but does so very quietly. Even at 80-85 mph you can listen to music or actually talk to your passenger. Instrument panel adequate. Synch 3 is great. Very intuitive. Stereo system sounds great. Listen to everything from classic rock and roll to classical and space music. Great truck.

Excellent vehicle, terrible front seat!
By Axl Rod

2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second F150 King Ranch in a row. The vehicle itself is phenomenal. However, I drive about 30,000 miles a year and the driver seat is the most uncomfortable see that I have ever had in her vehicle. My right leg has been experiencing terrible pain for months now. It wasn’t until my wife drove my truck that I was able to pinpoint it was actually the driver seat causing the pain. Apparently Ford decided to use a thinner top layer of foam and as a result the massaging mechanism pokes into your butt. If you are a driver of any distance, avoid this truck.