2017 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford F-150 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

Bright & Shiny
By Dave

2017 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

The current model F150 looks fantastic. Mine is the XL model with the STX package giving it some really nice options. Lightning blue is Incredible. Truck rides great on the 20" stock wheels. Bucket seats are very comfortable. The fabric is durable. Power output from the 2.7l turbo Eco Boost is simply Amazing. Fuel mileage is average 24, Thats great for a full size pickup. Cab is very roomy with lots of storage area's. My only reserve is the Sound system. I have the upgraded 8" Sync 3 system with Sirius XM which I always use. It has a ton of multi media options for most any use, But...... To me the Audio output is lacking. Bass is nearly non existing. The 6 factory speakers are very cheap plastic. I upgraded all 6 to some high quality speaker for less than $200. This helped, but it just needs more power. System upgrades for this model are few and Expensive. Over all I love the truck.

Awesome ride
By Todd

2017 Ford F-150 XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Best truck running hands down..chevy only dreams there truck was..ive had 2 silverados tailgate me getting on freeway then i jump on it and see the chevy jumped on it and i just pull away from them..its funny to me..5 liter is the way to go in my book..i have the chrome package bigger fuel tank ect..nice truck im happy with it..

2017 ff150 Lariat
By F150 lariat

2017 Ford F-150 Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Nothing but trouble ,crap , definitely my last Ford vehicle!!!

I love this truck.
By Kayemtee

2017 Ford F-150 XL 4dr SuperCab 8 ft. LB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased a fairly low-spec XL model to tow my 5000 lb. boat and I chose one off the lot. I’m really glad the dealer ordered it with the 2.7 Ecoboost over the base engine; it’s well worth the $995 premium. Excellent acceleration as well as highway power. It’s amazing that this engine is exactly half the displacement of a V-8 5.4 liter Expedition I previously leased yet it produces 25 more horsepower and more torque. I just completed a trip of almost 3000 miles with the boat in tow. I had no problem cruising at 80 mph with ample power for passing. The reduced weight of this aluminum truck is listed at only 4400 lbs on my registration. The seats in this basic model were remarkably comfortable for both myself and my passenger for a long day of driving. I never had to alter my position to avoid discomfort, cramping, or pain. The only seats I’ve ever experienced that are as comfortable for all day driving are in my S class Mercedes sedan. What people say about the Ecoboost is correct; it’s a powerful, economical engine, just not both at the same time. If you go lightly on the gas with nothing in tow, it gets better than 20mpg but if you use the more than ample power, it uses as much or/more gas than a V-8. Rear seat comfort was adequate for adult passengers for short trips. I love the Sync3 system that permits my phone’s navigation system to appear on screen but I hate Apple for restricting it to their map program and not Google. I hear that Waze is being added however. Also, the phone keypad won’t work when truck is in motion, which sucks. Try responding to an automated call when you can’t enter a single digit, even though it is much less distracting than doing many touchscreen functions that are permitted. I’ve had one problem with the truck that Ford can’t seem to solve yet. On cold mornings, the rear camera won’t work. As soon as the vehicle warms up, it works and there is no problem if the temperature is above about 45 degrees. My dealer has been unable to fix.

Looks awesome....always broke
By Eric

2017 Ford F-150 Raptor 4dr SuperCrew 4WD (3.5L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

Oil leak after oil leak....