Used 2014 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

How can you love it when it’s in the shop
By Don

2014 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Fords abiility to diagnose issues is suspect at best. During the summer of 2016, Ford replaced the points on clynder # 7. Then replaced the short block then sent out and had the heads rebuilt. In the spring of 2017 a shutter in the transmission developed. Ford reset the learning process but the shutter never went away. In the fall ford indicated that they thought the torque converter was bad,but they could not get one. As such they replaced the entire transmission. Now after three resets of the learning process the transmission continues to clunk going in and out of first gear. Ford at this point doesn’t know what to do? My truck has been in the shop for over 40 days to date with no resolution in site. Thank god I bought the extended warranty!

Too much cab room in this XLT plus model
By Gregory Hickey

2014 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

Ford could shorten the wheel base on this 6.5 ft bed by 12 inches if the interior length was 6 inches shorter and the bed was only 6 foot. I am 6 ft tall and cannot reach the pedals with the seat back as far as it can go! I love this truck except for the lack of interior storage (incredibly small glove box) and because of lousy gas mileage. My Tacoma had better interior storage. The hands free is very easy to use; there is no need for a premium stereo. I go off road through major bumps and ruts on BLM roads to go dirt-biking. I pulled 7,000 pound auto hauler with an Outback on it and got 16.5 MPG over 1400 miles and barely noticed a trailer being pulled. My model has a 3.5 L turbo, which I could not find on the review selections with a 6.5 ft bed. Also, there is inadequate interior storage. Glovebox will barely close with just the service manual.Fuel economy on the 3.5 L turbo is really bad unless the truck is on the interstate. Although most of my driving is off road, I average only 12 MPG with 10% small town driving, 50 % country roads and 40% 55 to 65 mph roads. The accelerator is extremely touchy; Rear tires regularly screech even with the traction control; replaced terrible tires it came with and put on oversized Michelin tires.

Lost Love
By Todd C NY

2014 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've been a Ford guy for last 30 years. I really liked my truck. Purchased it the last year they had with the steel body. I have always hated the fact that the tires that the truck comes with is only good for 35K miles. Been a real pain and I feel they are pulling one over on you personally. Due to job change, I don't drive mine much, but still keep it around. Ended up having to get $1,000 with or tires at 20K miles due to an alignment problem. I asked Ford about it and they just told me "sorry, maintenance is expensive". My issue isn't the maintenance. My issue is that the "Ford tough" motto is absolutely crap when the mechanic tells me he recommends getting an alignment check every 6 months because even hitting a pothole can throw your alignment off. Really? I've never in 30 years had that issue. So it's "built Ford tough" until you hit a pothole in a Ford truck. There isn't anything "tough" about that, sorry.

"Rolls Royce" truck!!
By steve stacker

2014 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

put a cap shell on the bed, with sprayed in bed liner, "slide a bed aftermarket options"

plans f150
By alan j

2014 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (5.0L 8cyl 6A)

this is a very good truck without any problems . the only downside is 17MPG