Used 2008 Ford Explorer SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Explorer for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

WoW ford hit a home run!!

Ford Lover, 02/21/2010
Limited 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This car is amazing!!! I drive it for work all around the city and it gets 18.9 mpgs overall!!! This car has great power and pick up. I like to brag that I always beat those Bmw suvs out of the traffic lights! Its got a very nice interior 9 cup holders but don't use them i pack people it in all the time and love to take it off road!!! no problems and a sunny future together!

4.38 out of 5 stars

Best SUV

AnthraciteAspec, 02/27/2009
Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had my Ex for about 3 months now. It's great SUV because it has everything I need. The V6 is just enough for me, I mainly do city driving. I like the leather quality on the seats. It is very quiet and I love the comfort on the 2nd row.

4.63 out of 5 stars

The SUV that has it all.

Brad, 04/08/2008
Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Explorer and they just keep getting better! The features, versatility and the price can't be beat. The V-6 fuel ecomomy isn't great but, I get the same MPG that I got with my Acura MDX and I don't have to run premium fuel. The Sirius radio and Sync system are great. Towing two SEA- Doo's GTX's takes a little effort, but the vehicles handles and stops well. The third row seats are great for kids under twelve and I love the power up and down feature. The second row seats recline but they do take a little effort to move up and out so people can get into the third row.

Must drive to understand

vkimber, 05/07/2008
Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I drove the 4 runner and Pilot and they are nice but I'm very glad that I relooked at Ford they really steped up and I like the ride and feel of the Ford best, it's fun to drive!

Love this Explorer

Virginia D., 12/31/2017
XLT 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Explorer since 1994. The dealer tacked on a lot of extra "dealer fees" that were not advertised but this Explorer was so clean with very low mileage, handled like a dream, and with a suspension that made the drive so comfortable, I bought it in spite of the fact that they were charging me too much over the advertised price. Plus, the Carfax was immaculate! I sold my 2016 Rav 4 Toyota elsewhere, because after 2 extreme spinal reconstructions, I just couldn't take the road vibrations any longer so once I drove this 2008 Explorer, I grabbed it and put the additional money I received from the Toyota in the bank, just in case I should need a repair in the future. I love this Explorer. I drive everywhere, but now I no longer get those extreme backaches.

12345...8