2018 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

TEGEDGE
By REGEDGE

2018 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my 3rd Ford Edge and 2nd 4 cylinder! Been very happy with all three (2008, 13 and now 18)!

2018 Ford Edge replaced my 2014 Dodge Durango
By Gary

2018 Ford Edge SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My Ford Edge is actually owned by the company I work for but it for my exclusive use. I've had it right around a month and have a little over 2,000 miles on it. It drives smooth and seems like a decent car. The things I don't like is the 4 cylinder engine. Seems underpowered to me. And if you give it some juice...it quickly reminds you the car is front wheel drive...because the steering wheel wants to go in crazy directions. Another thing I don't like is the engine shuts off at red lights and stop signs or anytime you stop. Very annoying to me. Thankfully there is a button to turn the auto engine shut off...off. But, every time you start the car, by default, the auto engine shut off engages. So you manually have to shut it off every time you go somewhere. And it will remind you to do it. You will be at an intersection and the engine will shut off, and when it is your turn to go there is a slight delay while the engine restarts itself. To me, I would never buy a car with this feature BUT my company gets me a company car every few years and doesn't let me pick. I get what I get. Also, I hate to write a lot of negative stuff BUT, even though this car has a 4 cylinder engine it doesn't seem to get a whole lot better mileage than the Durango V6 it replaced. And no I don't drive like a nut or anything. The car seems to average (looking at the car's own computer estimate on dash) less than 20 when driving in the city and around 25mpg when on cruise control on interstate at 80mph. Not a whole lot different, if any, than the Durango it replaced. And finally I don't like small gas tanks. When I fill this car up it claims to have a range of 400 or so miles making me have to get gas after just 350 or so miles. I miss the Durango's much larger gas tank and when you fill it up had a range of over 500 miles (which you can get on road trips). And below ignore price paid because I didn't pay anything and have no idea how much the company paid. But I couldn't submit the review without a number.

By Black Panther Lady

2018 Ford Edge SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Do your homework!

Fun and sporty car!
By MLavers

2018 Ford Edge Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I looked at this car because of my lifestyle. Being an triathlete, I am always hauling my bike and lots of gear bags to different locations. This car is perfect! Lots of room in the back where I could put my car inside with the seats folded down or my gear bags with my bike on the bike rack. The power is great up the CO mountains and the ride is very smooth. I love the technology inside the car - overall its a lot of fun to drive! The dealership (Phil Long Ford in Denver) and the salesperson (Juan Montoya) make the car even better with the buying experience.

LOVE the LOOK, SEATS are AWFUL
By Alex

2018 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have long admired the look of the Ford Edge Sport. Everything about the exterior is amazing, love the look, mine is white but the Red is by far my favorite color. The wheels on this car really set it apart and make the vehicle look stunning. Mine is LOADED with every conceivable option and they all work well together. I don't use the lane departure warning system much but it is useful. I have 3 LARGE GRIPES or ISSUES with this vehicle. 1st - The SEATS are AWFUL, the worst I have ever experienced. Ford should be ashamed at this seat design, it's at about the 45 minute mark that my left leg starts to cramp and feel weird. Anything longer and it starts to be PAINFUL. 2nd - WEAK GLASS: Again Ford should be ashamed. Less than 6 months in I had a massive CRACK on my Vista Roof (BTW - love the size of this roof/feature) that cost over $1500 to repair. A few months later, the windshield cracked and cost over $850 to repair because of all the features built into it (lane departure, park assist and surround camera). 3rd - Sound System: I have the upgraded Sony Sound System. It is very disappointing. No matter what settings you use the sound is not clear, muffled and leaves something to be desired.