2018 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford Edge Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Edge Sport fun to drive and very practical
By Doug Harby

2018 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I test drove and evaluated 18 different sport utilities ranging from compacts to three row. I determined a midsize best met my needs. The Edge was high in my scoring but had heavy competition from several Asian brands. Of all the vehicles I tested I liked the Edge Sport the best for it's power and looks but it was somewhat above my price range so I figured I would settle for an SEL with the 2 liter Eco boost if I went with the Ford. However the dealer was able to get my lease down to an affordable level and now I own a vehicle that I really wanted but never thought I could afford. This vehicle was proceeded by a WRX, Miata, Mazda Speed 3, and Fusion Sport, all great vehicles and fun to drive but I would take this vehicle any day with exhilarating acceleration and handling that betrays its SUV roots. Yet we can take 5 adults and all our gear on a quiet, smooth cross-country trip and pull down 23-26 MPG.

Rear windows won't go all the way down
By Gloria

2018 Ford Edge Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

How can Ford build and sell a $40,000 car and not have fully functional rear windows? I never checked the rear windows or I would have not purchased.

Beautifully Fitted Car that you fit in.
By Mark B

2018 Ford Edge Sport 4dr SUV AWD (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

We traded in an Escape that always felt not quite big enough. The Edge is perfectly sized. Great for road trips. The car has a front camera which is a necessity for me to park because with the design of the hood I find it hard to center the car in a parking place. Very quiet ride and the front seats and console are perfectly designed. ( I considered the MKX but I didn’t like the cabin design as much. It felt claustrophobic and I didn’t see the value in the added 10,000

Gas mileage sucks
By Valerie

2018 Ford Edge Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased one month ago. Now have 1558 mi and I am at gas station 2-3 times week. Spoke to Service tech was told breaking in period. I’m getting 10 -13.9 mi according to info on Car console. I was under impression 20 mi at least. For today’s cars better efficiency is a must. Not being told that’s the way it is. After insisting this sucks and not acceptable I was told bring it in and will put on machine. Wow I hope there is a problem or this will be a long 3 year lease

My Quick "Escape"!
By Marilyn Tormey

2018 Ford Edge Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My new 2018 SUV Ford Escape Titanium feels solid and is quiet with a bit of a sporty suspension feel. I like the exterior and interior colors and overall vehicle size, getting in and out of it is easy, and the interior cargo room fits my needs just right. It accelerates nicely and hugs the road when going around turns. In the beginning the engine cycling off and on at stop signs and stoplights took a little getting used to. The interior electronics are well-placed and user-friendly, and I really enjoy having the full-view electronic roof and rear lift hatch with the kick-to-open feature. I LIKE it!!