Used 2012 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

What Value!!!
By KingMC

2012 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I’m a preowned manager in the business for over 20 years. I purchased a 2012 SEL model with AWD and 31000 miles as a recent trade in for my wife. She was driving a 40000 mile Toyota Avalon Limited which made her feel ‘old’ LoL!! She wanted an SUV with AWD. What a ride!! She LOVES it. It’s Modern with the Bluetooth and infotainment system. Ride and visibility are fantastic and the comfort and versatility are second to none. VERY HAPPY!!! Recommend! From a guy in the BIZ!!!!! 😉

A Great Ride.......!!!
By Ziggy

2012 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Shop around for a great deal......!!

Thank God for recalls.
By Andrea Tracey

2012 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Love the ride, engine, cargo space. Hate all the electronic recalls: brake booster, PIN dashboard computer, sync2, door locks. At least I don't have the exploding sunroof. Transmission slams when exiting highways. Error code when engine stalls unpredictable and can't get it fixed under warranty because dealer can't recover the code...it resets on restart??? Afraid to go on long trips. Only drive 4k@yr. Won't recognize my Boston accent for voice activation so i stopped paying for sync 2. Can't upgrade to sync3??? Class action but mine was bought used so I can't collect???

The Edge needs an Edge
By Tvon

2012 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did my research. Everything about this vehicle met my needs; however, many, and I do mean many, little annoyances have not made this my best vehicle choice. I really want to believe I purchased a lemon in the group. Let’s start with a bad fuel pump at 60k miles. A bad brake sensor, and not a bad wiper switch...all before 100 k. Let’s also talk about a Symc system you have to go through several hidden steps to hook up your phone. Or where certain buttons are located that you accidentally hit while trying to use the counsel. Could you please not put buttons on the side of the gear shift? What engineering genius thought of this? Do I hate my vehicle? No. It has performed fairly well. Would I buy another? Not sure. I do know that with my bad back it is one of the easiest vehicles for me to maneuver in, and has plenty of storage. But the many bugs and issues I have had are a huge problem in that I feel like I am constantly complaining about stupid things going wrong with an SUV that is still fairly young in age.

Horrible SUV with massive safety concerns
By Anony14

2012 Ford Edge SUV Limited 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Ford Edge has numerous (and alarming) safety recalls. Dealing with Ford is a nightmare and they will not bear the cost to remediate anything. They have unscrupulous business practices and, frankly, are the most unethical company I have ever gotten entwined with. I strongly warn consumers to stay away from Ford.