Used 2008 Dodge Magnum Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Magnum for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

BAD BATCH

PEARL, 07/13/2010

I downgraded from a dodge ram hemi to save gas when I bought this 08 magnum that only had 12k on it. Not even a month after I bought the car, it started to shut off in the middle of driving. I took it back to the dealer about 4 times and the computer never recorded anything. They looked at me like a dumb lady and all they did was reflash the computer. The tranny makes loud clunky noises when accelerating and slowing down and it bucks when it shouldn't. Car stations change from FM to AM on it's own. The car shakes sometimes like it has a carburetor, which I know it doesn't have but I do know what it feels like when an old car wants to shut off. Maybe I got a bad car from the batch.

Small V-6 has plenty of getup

wagonlover, 05/14/2010

I've only had this car 2 weeks and I am pleased so far. I love the comfort and fit of the interior to my five foot frame. I should have bought one new in '08. I own 3 classic wagons with V- 8s and this six cylinder keeps me happy. The ride is smooth and sporty. The interior space is roomy and comparable with my older wagons, you don't find that much nowadays. This is a true grocery-getter.

SXT AWD 3.5, best car I have ever owned!

JN, 06/11/2008

I went to the dealership thinking I wanted to charger. I started looking at the Magnums, but I did not like the headlights. I went home and was reading a magazine that the 2008 model will be the last year, but will come with a completely new front end. The 08 front end looks better than the Charger or the 300. I ordered one immediately. This is the coolest looking car I have ever owned. It is built well, rides great, and performs great! I usually get a new car every year because I put on about 50k a year, but I think I will keep this one at least 2 years. This will probably be a classic as only one year for the new design and the last year, with few made! Absolutely awesome car!

AWD SXT

Gary, 02/24/2009

I read every review about the Magnum I could find before buying it as I was concerned about how the AWD would perform and if the 6 cyl was enough power. I live in NY but found the car in Iowa since they didn't make many '08's trying to find a loaded SXT AWD was difficult. I am thrilled I bought this car. The AWD works great in the snow and the 3.5 engine moves the car around very well. I am more pleased with the car and the performance then I expected to be. Right now these cars are a great buy and I highly recommend it. Don't be afraid of going with the 3.5 V6, it handles the weight of the car fine, it does not feel underpowered. Blinds spots are not that bad either.

Sleek and Fun

ydahsmils2001, 05/13/2008

I bought this vehicle looking for something that could haul my equipment and have the heart of a sports car. Man! does it ever haul. The car is roomy too. Gas mileage is not so great, but the car makes up for it in raw power! I am thoroughly impressed with the SRT8. No one even sees me coming, sleek and fast.