2019 Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Consumer Reviews

1(9%)
4.1
11 reviews
2019 Chrysler Pacifica
See reviews for a specific Pacifica model:
Items per page:51050

A minivan my wife wants to drive.

Daddy- O, 01/15/2019
Touring L Plus 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

We bought the Touring L plus with the s package, 18 inch wheels, sunroof, and advanced safety package. This is our third Chrysler minivan and the two prior hit 100k mile of driving with it much fanfare. Our 08 town and country had some pretty significant maintenance while our 14 was solid. Both vans got the job done. Trips to the East coast with 3 kids a dog a ski carrier on top and plenty of snow (by the way snow tires for these vans make a huge difference). No matter what a work mule (horse might be over stating the grace) these vans were, my wife complained bitterly about driving them. Poor handling and abominable styling. So when I said we needed to replace the 14 Town and Country, I got a lot of push back against another van. I have not gotten the wife out of the drivers seat of the new van. I has great styling. It has been called a sports van by family. Handling is much better. Advanced safety package is super cool and very useful. Love the sunroof, big light. Infotainment system is great. Van is super warm in the winter. So far this is a great van. I don’t think a big family can do better. The big SUVs are a chore to drive. I have been exhausted on vacations driving them. The Three row CUVs just don’t have enough storage when filled with people and traveling with luggage.

Super so far

jbonn, 01/25/2019
Touring Plus 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

We took our new Pacifica up to Vermont, over 800 miles of driving up and back, the day after we picked it up. It was fabulous. It handled snow and uneven terrain like an SUV and we were pleased with the mileage considering the size of the vehicle. The climate control system, which allows the driver and front seat passenger to have their own climates is a real plus, especially for older folks I think. Front seats are a bit hard, but you get used to them. They are good on the back though, no pull on the sciatic nerve. Lots of front row space for bags, cups, keys, everything- which is hard to come back. Excellent storage throughout the vehicle and the foldngo seats are a dream. We're very happy with our purchase and would like to recommend Route #1 DodgeJeepChrysler to everyone for their efforts to make this deal a good one.

Outstanding

8Mile, 03/06/2019
Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

This is an excellent vehicle. I wanted an SUV, and drove the Mazda CX-5, Acura RDX, and Volvo XC60. I guess minivans aren't "cool" anymore, but the Pacifica really stood out - quieter, roomier, easier to get in and out of, and when the rear seats are folded down into the floor there is a ton of cargo space. Best of all, I took a long trip right after I picked it up, and it just eats up the freeway miles. It tracks really well, stays on-center, and is a joy to drive. Visibility all around is excellent. The infotainment system is easier to use than any of the the SUVs that I drove. I've not noticed any issue with the 9-speed transmission that others have noted here and on other sites, my Pacifica is just fine. The only things to note - and they are minor 1) there is a bit of torque steer when you really jump on it pulling out into traffic, which is to be expected since it's FWD and has a pretty powerful engine; 2) the radio is just OK, I'd go for the top-of-the-line radio if I had a do-over; and 3) the MPG isn't at EPA yet, but I've only had it for a few weeks and I expect it will improve. One other note - the dealer was fabulous. I looked at the online price for a similarly-equipped Pacifica at every dealer in the state (and Edmund's recommended pricing), and came in to the dealer with a folder of print-outs, expecting the typical negotiations. I let the sales manager make the first offer, and it was well below the online prices from other dealers. I guess they really wanted to sell a car that day. In the end the Pacifica was a great value, and is both practical and a joy to drive.

Ad
Build Your Pacifica

Love it hate it!!

Laura, 01/27/2019
L 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Love the comfort, roominess, and reliability of my new van. Hate the very jerky 9 speed transmission at slower speeds. The shifting of the lower gears creates a very jerky ride around town. My radio was already replaced within a week of purchasing. The vehicle has been into the service dept for the transmission 5 times until I finally took the service foreman for a ride and he stated this is how the 9 speed transmission functions. He also stated Chrysler will hopefully come out with a flash update to smooth out the slower speed shifting. Amen. I would wait on buying until this is fixed. Too late for me. I have 900 miles on my van and would love to trade in but not at a huge loss!! Will change review if an update is made.

So roomy, yet drives like a limo

L.J. Petrie, 04/03/2019
Limited 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Edmunds rated Chrysler Pacifica #2 Best Minivan. I read somewhere else that the Pacifica was rated #1 for safety in crash tests. After owning, over the years, several Mercedes, BMWs, Infinity, Porsche, Jeeps, etc. I can honestly say the Chrysler Pacifica is one of the absolute BEST vehicles I have ever owned. Bar none. Our other car right now is a 2018 Lexus and I absolutely prefer the Pacifica in every way. We've taken it up to the mountains, out to the desert, driven it in snow and steep inclines, cross country to Arizona …. not a single problem and it drives like a limo. Huge sunroof. Easy to stow seating (just the push of a button) and it becomes an extremely roomy cargo van. I've taken it to the beach with 2 bikes, 2 surfboards, a kayak, 4 beach chairs and still had room for my spouse, two kids and our dog. Love it!