Used 1999 Chevrolet Venture Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Venture for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Manifold Gasket Failure

mariposaken, 05/08/2002
LT 4dr Ext Minivan

Until now, I've been pretty happy with my 1999 Chevrolet Venture LT. But on May 6, 02, I found out that the manifold gasket has failed & replacement gaskets are on a nation wide back order. Service at Anderson Chev. in Los Gatos, CA have no idea when the repair will be made. I have a rental car for the duration. I was told the manifold is made of aluminum & the engine block is made of cast iron. The two metals expand and contract at different rates stressing the manifold gasket. Long term prognosis: frequent manifold gasket replacement.

Underrated Minivan

TheKidd, 06/02/2002
LS 4dr Ext Minivan

I have been shopping for a minivan for the last 6 months. I've done tons of research, test drove many vans.When I drove the Venture I was sold. Chevrolet has done a poor job of marketing this vehicle, I think it is a more sturdy and solid vehicle than the Dodge and Chryslers I drove.

No attention to detail

Jkurth, 06/02/2002
LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Attention to detail has been sadly overlooked. I have had nothing but trouble with the elictrical system of this vehicle. I found the problems to be caused by the rear tail light assembly(s). They were not put together correctly at the factory and leaked water. Worse yet, I have had it in the Chevy dealer(s) multiple times for electrical problems. Each time I brought it in, they would charge me for repairs of the various electrical subsystems, but the problems would keep coming back. I found out the break lights were causing the problem getting a warning ticket. I took the breaks apart and found water and corrosion damage!

Decade Van

Daisy, 03/12/2010
LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought used (9 mo. old) w/14k miles. Initial problem: A/C had funny smell when used 1st time each spring. Very roomy. Love the features incl. elec. pkg; seating for 8; 2 built-in child seats. Had it now exactly 10 years. Issues with automatic door lock - was a recall issue. Pretty reliable given we've put 100,000 mi on it. Good family vehicle. 10 day Family trip (1200 mi ea way) last summer with no problems. over the years we have done only handful of repairs (water pump, manifold gasket,belt tension gear) Left rear tail light bulb out every 3 mths; driver's airbag light intermittently on; Our other car is a CAMRY -- which we LOVE

Satisfied

ouchy89, 04/18/2010
LS 4dr Ext Minivan

Bought my 1999 venture ls ext with 90,000 miles on it, about 8 years ago. It has 238,000 now. The last year has been spendy for repairs. Mass air flow sensor, window switches, multifunction switch, taillight circuit board, water pump, battery. At 146,000 miles had the lower intake manifold gaskets done. Otherwise just maintenance and normal wear and tear on the ext. And int. Very happy with the van. Yes, it has rust starting and many things are broken like all the turn knobs for the seats, rear air, overhead console, cup holders, but it still runs like a top.

12345...11