Used 2019 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Traverse for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Engine Light x2

Mary A, 03/05/2019
Premier 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I was in love with this vehicle as everyone should be when purchasing a new vehicle. I purchased the 2019 Traverse Premier, I was a afraid of changing from a compact car to a SUV but I have gotten adjusted to it. At about 6,000 miles a few weeks after my 1st oil change my engine light came on resulting in a catalytic converter issue, replacement. I took it in for service and within about 1 week and half my Traverse catalytic converted was repaired. I took my Traverse for its second oil change to the dealership which I had to pay out of pocket since my dealership only offers 1 free oil change and shortly after, 2 weeks or so the engine light came on again, shocker! It turns out being the catalytic converter needing to be replaced this part went to a "special case" so there is no ETA being that it's a 2019 and they are having trouble getting the part. I'm sure they are sending them off the line without issues but here I am in a Tahoe loaner basic model and I must say it drives a lot better than the Traverse plus it has the HD radio stations that for some reason the Traverse does not. I'm just very disappointed with this experience. For a warranty of only 30,000 and only at less than half with 2 issues already is worrisome.

Great for the 7 days it was on the road

JTrotter, 11/01/2018
LT Cloth 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Transmission failure left me on the side of the road at 600 miles. Dealer attempted fix but vehicle had pronounced transmission whine and smelled like burnt parts after driving. Back with the dealer now for another repair. At this point I'll have been in a loaner vehicle as long as I was in my Traverse. Isolated case? Maybe, but at this point I'd have a better review of my Malibu loaner.

Great SUV... Could be better, but wouldn’t trade

Gregg2gs, 01/02/2019
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Just bought the Premier Redline and love the looks. This is a Range Rover Sport look-a-like for $30k less, although a sticker of $53k is a lot for a Chevy. The acceleration is just ok. A bit underpowered and having front wheel drive (although I have AWD model) really makes the car less sporty and has great pulling under hard acceleration. The roof rack cross bars sit about 1 ft too high on the rails, yet, seems like some other brands have the same lately. Not sure why? The seats are very comfortable and the ride of the truck on the 20’s are perfect. Such a comfortable SUV to drive. Coming out of a 2012 Pilot and this is another world. The radio is a bit confusing to look at... great sound system but the readout is not an easy quick glance. Navigation is also a bit complex but I use Waze 99% of the time anyway. Apple play is the best. It’s a shame that the charging mat isn’t as functional with an IPhone. Gas mileage is as advertised. So much room in 2nd and third rows. Kids love it and so does my 90lb goldendoodle. Headlights are great. Fog lights are not LED and look terrible (embarrassing) with the great super white headlights. Why they didn’t make the same, baffles me. Overall I love the car. The technology is really good, although the speedometer and other dials look a bit outdated for a 2019. Buy the redline if you like a sport look and you will really enjoy looking at it. Long distance super easy in this SUV or running around town. Update: now have 33k on the SUV. So far, overall, still a beautiful car. Here’s what’s gone wrong: 1) rear suspension spring within first 7k miles was squeaking on every bump. Had to be replaced. Seems like common problem 2) Rear deck hatch handle cracked for no good reason. Just cheap clips. (Told not covered under warranty). $100 3) Front center exhaust hanger broken at pipe weld. (Common problem on this truck). “Repaired by Chevy dealer… broke again within 10 miles of driving it (of course I’m on a 1,400 mile summer trip). Damn tin rattle every time I accelerate. Very cheap for this to happen with a well cared for car with 32k. Tired and brakes still original. Tired will most likely be replaced with about 35k 38k on them. I’m impressed they lasted this long. All tires seem to go at 20kish now a days, especially under load and lots of local driving. Most of my 33k is hwy and suburban local driving.

Traverse replaced Armada, pathfinder, and tahoe

Lefty, 11/09/2018
Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

After owning the Traverse for a year, and multiple cross country trips, we couldn't be happier with this vehicle. It has performed better than expected, the fuel efficiency is amazing, and the roominess and comfort are better We owned and Expedition, Tahoe, Armada, Pathfinder and the Traverse has exceeded expectations. This vehicle has renewed my faith in chevrolet. It is extremely quiet, fuel efficient, and has more space than the Tahoe and Armada with a smaller footprint. I am amazed at how well this vehicle drives with the lower ride height than the truck based frames. I was not expecting this to be the best in class vehicle, but I am amazed at how easily it parks, turns, and handles, and it has enough space to carry my extra cargo due to my disability. Chevy has made a long term family car and changed its quality perception with this vehicle.

Went with the 2019 Traverse RS

Brian H., 09/04/2018
RS 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

After much research of the Traverse and usual competitors, we went with the Traverse with RS trim, as it had everything that we wanted and needed. It has leather seats, surround vision, upgraded sound system, and 20” black wheels. We have been driving the vehicle for a week now, so this is a preliminary review. There is no noticeable drop in acceleration with the 4 cylinder turbo engine, and it does have slightly more torque than the 6 cylinder models. This engine would probably not be appropriate for heavy towing. The bonus is better gas mileage around town. We were first going to go with the LT Leather Trim (3LT), but discovered at the last minute that Chevrolet had pulled a fast one between the 2018 and 2019 model years. They have removed many standard features from the 3LT trim, including the surround vision! All of the reviews available talk about the 2018 model and what was standard on the 3LT, and the change in standard features for 2019 was very hard to come across. The Chevrolet website defaults to the 2018 model when comparing trims. The sales people probably won’t know about this. It’s almost as if Chevrolet doesn’t want people to know. Seems odd to remove standard features, instead of adding them over the years. If you want the 3LT leather trim and features such as surround vision, you need to add the new LT Premium package for a little over $3K. As this is just an add-on and not a trim, it will be very hard to search for online. We were lucky that the dealer had an RS available in the color and with features we wanted. As with any auto purchase, make sure you verify all important features on the exact vehicle you would like to buy, especially before traveling a long distance to a dealer or ordering sight unseen.

12345...10