2019 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2019 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Great for the 7 days it was on the road
By JTrotter

2019 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT Cloth 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Transmission failure left me on the side of the road at 600 miles. Dealer attempted fix but vehicle had pronounced transmission whine and smelled like burnt parts after driving. Back with the dealer now for another repair. At this point I'll have been in a loaner vehicle as long as I was in my Traverse. Isolated case? Maybe, but at this point I'd have a better review of my Malibu loaner.

3,100 miles and loving it...
By J Cleek

2019 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Premier 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Coming from a 2011 Honda Pilot LX this SUV is a definite upgrade. We decided to give the Traverse a look given its class leading cargo space (quite a bit more than the newest Pilot) and its appealing exterior design. I bought this 15 September 2018 and it’s now 31 October. I’m happy with the Traverse. Lots of in town driving and I also did a 1500 mile round trip from CO to OK. Everything went well. Very comfortable, quiet inside and absorbs bumps well. Acceleration is good. Fuel economy on highway was about 24-25mpg during the long toad trip (3 adults, 6 yr old and a 2 yr old in the fully loaded Traverse) but I’m not a slow driver by any means. I love the front camera as well as the video camera linked to the rear view mirror (I’m not talking about the backup camera). I turn it on while driving down the road most of the time.

The only complaint is the climate control. Shortly after we bought it it got really hot in Denver metro. Based upon our use it seemed as though it wasn’t that quick to cool down using auto climate control...especially in middle row where our two kids are. A couple things. We started by using the auto climate control. I noticed that the air flow never got as high as I thought it would given how hot it was outside and the temp I was aiming for inside the Traverse. Weeks later I was browsing around in Settings and realized there was a setting that actually limits the airflow in auto climate control. Be sure to change that from medium to high. But regardless I think that Chevy MIGHT have tried to save a few dollars by minimizing the amount of insulation in the roof - resulting in the cold air flowing through the hot roof to the vents warming up during its journey. I can have the AC set as cold as possible (manual climate control now instead of auto) in both front seats and rear seats and the front seats are getting cold air while the rear is getting warmer air. For whatever it’s worth I own the black (exterior and interior) Traverse.

Testing Driving
By Texasdriller

2019 Chevrolet Traverse SUV Premier 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

The 2019 Traverse does not have electric side mirror for folding in and out. I was so disappointed they took this feature away. You can adjust the mirror from the inside, but if you want them to fold in or out you will have to do this manually. Why pay this much for a car that doesn't apply this option, which should be standard.

Great choice
By Bob k

2019 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT Leather 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Wanted to downsize from a 2010 Tahoe.with the traverse we seem to have the benefits of a smaller vehicle such as easier handling ,parking smoother ride much better fuel economy without sacrificing roominess.on a few trips we have gotten 30mpg using cruise set at 70!

All around pleasure
By Tony R

2019 Chevrolet Traverse SUV LT Cloth 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

After test driving it overnight, we fell in love with the power; fuel efficiency and interior comfort it provides. The over all look and feel is amazing. You know the saying, “Happy wife happy life.” My wife was in awe with the comfort and room. I was impressed with the infotainment system and alll the USB ports. NO need for the kids fighting over charging! 100% satisfied.