Used 2016 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Transmission issues!!!!!
By Cara simon

2016 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Beware! I was a loyal GM customer- we have had two GM Saab’s, a Tahoe, equinox and now this traverse. At 110,000 and before date warranty we find out the transmission is bad. Called GM and told we aren’t “loyal” and they closed our case. Called back and was told dealership had resolution. That was a joke a 1,000.00. I called GM again and now waiting for someone else to contact us. Meanwhile it’s been three weeks. I used to tell everyone I loved my traverse. But when a family can’t rely on a 5 year old car that’s pathetic. I’ve owned Saab’s for god sake and the transmission never went.

My Car!
By Mark A Hawkey

2016 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Grandkids Love to be in the captain chairs

Not buying a chevy again.
By Quinn

2016 Chevrolet Traverse LT w/1LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for less then 3 years. I am very good about making sure I do all the regular maintenance at a chevy service dept. In the first year Chevy had to offer all owners compensation due to inflating the actual fuel economy on the vehicle sticker. My traverse does 15 miles per gallon at best. I have had repeated issues with the stabiltrack traction control misfiring and causing my car to decelerate on its own to below 30 miles / hour. This has happened while going over 55 on the highway several times. Upon searching this issue, many people have reported a similar experience. The dealer was unable to find or fix the issue. With my latest issue, a part within the transmission broke, causing me to break down and require a tow (on a road with no shoulder with all 3 kids in the car). This car is less then 3 years old!!!! While fixing the transmission I was also informed I had a leak in my power steering hose. I have been put in several very unsafe situations because of this car. I would NOT buy another chevy. At this point , I am not even confident I can keep this one for fear of breaking down again or having ongoing issues. I did contact Chevy Customer Service with my concerns, they informed me "They were sorry".

Serves a purpose well, but it's not engaging.
By Kevin Lowhorn

2016 Chevrolet Traverse LT w/2LT 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

A lot of reviews will say that acceleration is a sore spot, and honestly, it's more than adequate. I rarely if ever feel like it's lacking power. We had a Jeep Grand Cherokee prior to owning this, and it did have better acceleration; however, 90% of drivers will never complain. Ride quality and NVH is above average; steering is so so (the wheel is thin and uninspiring). I don't use the factory nav. at all because it feels so dated. The DVD player works well, and the wireless headphones are nice for the kids. This vehicle offers a lot of bang for the buck in the sense that it offers a ton of space, 3 rows of above average comfort and it won't break the bank. Don't expect to be wowed, but most folks will be happy with the purchase of one of these. Reliability has been great, and maintenance is cheap.

Door trim
By Jane Lovell

2016 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall I like my Traverse after owning two Tahoe's. I am unable to drive it on ranch roads as it is too low to cross ravines(saved Tahoe for that). I have just over 12,000 miles and have had 2 problems with the chrome decorative pieces that are on the side of doors. First occasion, I pushed front door to close and opened back door at the same time. The chrome piece on front door caught and peeled back(glued on and not positioned right) I assume. Recently, I washed my car and was vacuuming it out. As I was raising up and back my jeans caught on back door piece and it pealed back. Glue has to be faulty. After 12 months no warranty but my dealer nicely replaced it for me. The pieces have to be painted when they ship in. Glad to see the new 2018 are designed without those pieces.