Used 2016 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Traverse Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Traverse model:

Little old school teacher.
By Linda

2016 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

A little higher priced than some models.

Problems Problems!!
By Britt

2016 Chevrolet Traverse LT w/1LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my car used with 35,000 miles on it. Clean car fax. After 6 months my transmission went out leaving me stranded on the side of the road. I also had issues with the back windows not functioning properly. Many times I had to pull over and get out to get my back windows to roll up. I did Like the layout of the traverse but it was not reliable! :(

Transmission issues!!!!!
By Cara simon

2016 Chevrolet Traverse LS 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Beware! I was a loyal GM customer- we have had two GM Saab’s, a Tahoe, equinox and now this traverse. At 110,000 and before date warranty we find out the transmission is bad. Called GM and told we aren’t “loyal” and they closed our case. Called back and was told dealership had resolution. That was a joke a 1,000.00. I called GM again and now waiting for someone else to contact us. Meanwhile it’s been three weeks. I used to tell everyone I loved my traverse. But when a family can’t rely on a 5 year old car that’s pathetic. I’ve owned Saab’s for god sake and the transmission never went.

My Car!
By Mark A Hawkey

2016 Chevrolet Traverse LTZ 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Grandkids Love to be in the captain chairs

Not buying a chevy again.
By Quinn

2016 Chevrolet Traverse LT w/1LT 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned this car for less then 3 years. I am very good about making sure I do all the regular maintenance at a chevy service dept. In the first year Chevy had to offer all owners compensation due to inflating the actual fuel economy on the vehicle sticker. My traverse does 15 miles per gallon at best. I have had repeated issues with the stabiltrack traction control misfiring and causing my car to decelerate on its own to below 30 miles / hour. This has happened while going over 55 on the highway several times. Upon searching this issue, many people have reported a similar experience. The dealer was unable to find or fix the issue. With my latest issue, a part within the transmission broke, causing me to break down and require a tow (on a road with no shoulder with all 3 kids in the car). This car is less then 3 years old!!!! While fixing the transmission I was also informed I had a leak in my power steering hose. I have been put in several very unsafe situations because of this car. I would NOT buy another chevy. At this point , I am not even confident I can keep this one for fear of breaking down again or having ongoing issues. I did contact Chevy Customer Service with my concerns, they informed me "They were sorry".