Used 2008 Chevrolet Trailblazer Consumer Reviews

Used Trailblazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
1...234567

Pros
Cons

Great Buy

nick, 11/01/2007

If you're looking for an SUV look into this Chevy. Yea, the gas mileage is terrible, but it handles great, has great looks, and plenty of cargo space. The styling cues are great, and with the usual large Chevy rebate you can get this truck affordably! This is a must consider

Zoom, Zoom and more Zoom

Nice, 10/25/2007

If you looking for comfort and performance this is the SUV that you should consider. This has so much power, it's hard to imagine a SUV can give this type of performance. If you looking for a family vehicle that is fuel efficient, this is not your type. If you want something fast with the capabilities of a SUV and comfort, look no further.

TrailBlazer SS: SSweet.

Matt Peters, 11/04/2007

Not many changes for 2008, but all together the vehicle is a fun and comfortable muscle-truck. The throttle response at all rpm ranges is strong and allows for a fun drive. The tight sport-tuned suspension leaves one with the feeling of driving a car much lower to the ground. The sound of the Corvette LS-2 engine is evident at idle and even more so in high rpm. The full option electronic interior with heated seats and leather/suede wrapping make for a feeling of luxury most GM SUV's don't allow for. Overall, the SS is very sporty in exterior and interior styling, strong horsepower, and tight suspension with the interior luxury factors making it desirable for even standard SUV fans.

Great Car

Larry Marquez, 11/28/2007

Most of the people that I know including mechanics love this car. Now I know why. It's a joy to drive. I dislike the new European styling so this is the car for me. GM has a winner in this SUV. Recently found out the the small Hummer uses the same chasis.

Great SUV for the money

Ron, 03/11/2008

I was a first time buyer of a Toyota product and after two years traded it on a Chevy TrailBlazer, best thing I've ever done. Great ride, plenty of power, good ride even on the long trips, good gas mileage, lots of head and leg room. Just a great fun to drive SUV. Next time I will stick with GM.

Fast

Midnight, 03/24/2008

The wife wanted a hybrid, but nothing caught my except the TBSS. It has a mean muscular stance. We bought one in Red Jewel Tintcoat. Just a beautiful color. It is fast, roomy, and handles real well. I like big trucks. I'm a big guy, and even though the HHR was better on gas, this works the best for us. My wife drives it to and from the train station and we use it on weekends. If I had to drive this to my work every day, 80 miles roundtrip, I wouldn't buy it because the gas would kill us. This is one awesome vehicle and is a lot fun to drive.

Big fun with a price

drwooly, 04/24/2008

Course I got this before the current gas problems, but I don't care! With the 6.0L engine, this is a blast to drive. Feels very solid; better than my last; 2004 Silverado Crew Cab. AWD really feels good. Mileage is worse than expected, but not horrible. (The same as my Silverados' 5.3L engine) Road/Street combined around 14-15 mpg. Have found 1.5 mpg difference between 55mph, and 65mph. Build quality vey,very good. No problems, 4,00 mi. into it. Just a good, less expensive Corvette, with a big trunk!

A Wonderful Blend

tjl, 04/30/2008

My 2008 TrailBlazer SS AWD is the first performance truck I have owned. In the past I have had BMWs. Z Cars, etc. as my performance rides and a Blazer as my truck. I read a lot of reviews and on-line postings about the TB SS. I took one for an extended test drive and I was hooked. No car I have ever seen does everything well. The truly great cars are a balance of features and the Trailblazer SS is a great ride. Chevy has not just jammed a Corvette engine in a SUV. They have paid attention to all the details such as handling, comfort, looks, build quality, and did I say performance? They have tweaked everything. You will forget that you are in an SUV. The SS is a true joy to drive.

2nd TrailBlazer

chevy buyer, 05/10/2008

This is my second TrailBlazer to purchase. The first one I had for four years with vitually no mechanical problems. I love the 2008 and the cosmetic changes to the front and rear end and the wheels! Great black leather interior, sun roof and 6 disc cd. It is really fun to drive and looks good. OnStar is a nice security feature too

A good GM suv

Vince Constantino, 07/08/2020
LT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I’ve owned my 2008 TrailBlazer for a while now and it’s a great vehicle. The 2006-2009 TrailBlazers have a great re-design and are very stylish. My 08 has 132,000 miles and is an absolute champ. With regular maintenance these cars can lost up to 300,000 miles plus. The performance is adequate but while cornering you can really feel the heavy weight of the car in the steering. With the LT1 option the interior could have used some updates but overall is fairly comfortable and not cheap looking. I would highly recommend one of these TrailBlazers to someone in the market for a cheap reliable SUV and for anyone who might be buying an SUV for the first time.

1...234567