Used 2003 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used SSR for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

I remember it fondly.

boyracer3, 01/09/2011

I am not usually not sentimental when it comes to automobiles. I generally long for something every 6-30 months. And though I only owned it for a year I still smile whenever I see one...I was living in SoCal and only recall having the top up twice. I really loved that truck. It was a little short on legroom and was a little tight with the top up but it made up for it with a joyful temperament. It had a wonderful exhaust note and when the top was down it felt more like a wake boat than a truck. It was nimble and a blast to drive. The designers did a great job,it was seamless from inside to outside. You'd almost expect to find a repurposed Pontiac sun fire interior in it but no! Cont...

SSR is ultimate convertible

28NGR8, 01/23/2009

The SSR is the ultimate convertible due to the fact of the one button automatic convertible hard top, the very, very spacious trunk, and it is so comfortable when exiting the vehicle. Unlike, the other convertibles that you have to lift yourself out of the car, the SSR is high enough that you just turn and get out. The body such as the fenders are solid steel, not fiberglass. That gives me a sense of safety if a collision were to take place. So much to say about this car/truck I love it. It is a real head turner!

SSR Not for the shy person

rhobbel, 01/08/2004

This truck is by far way ahead of its time. Like the PT Cruiser by Chrysler it has a nostalgic look about it. Reminds me of what a concept vehicle of the 50's would look like. Only they would have never been able to dream up that convertable hard top that stacks up and lays neatly between the seat and the bed of the truck. Turns heads everywhere it goes. If your shy don't buy this truck as every time you stop people want to talk to you about it

MY LAST TRUCK

ALLLEN BROWN, 11/08/2004

I'VE DRIVEN A TRUCK FOR 40 YEARS AND THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING AND SHARPEST AND ATTENTION GETTING TRUCK EVER. I'VE HAD PEOPLE TAKE PICTURES, FOLLOW ME HOME AND ASK ME TO SHOW THEM HOW EVERY THING WORKS. I LOVE IT.

Super Cool

Swifty, 03/30/2003

This car is super sleek and stlyin. Gives you the older car look with the speed and acceleration of a new sports car. Definitly a pimp ride on 22's.

SSR fun

SSR FUN, 09/15/2008

I first saw the concept car in a newspaper write-up in early 2002. After attending 3 car shows across the US, I knew I wanted one. I ordered Yellow. Took delivery in November 2003 and have been loving the truck ever since. Folks around still ask questions about it as there are not too many on the road. A certain kick to drive and be seen in!

The hottest car on the road

mariosbunny, 10/08/2003

This car is HOT!!!!!! It is the best car Chevy has come out with since the Camaro! It is definitely worth the $$$ that you will spend! Chevy's are the best cars and last a long time!

Yeah well

ably, 10/08/2003

Good times served up daily except when motoring about in the revamped el camino which disappoints on what you get for your price which was more than was expected for the good received.

Best Car made is a Chev

Donald Shamblin, 10/08/2003

It is the best car I have drove in a long time is easy on gas and the body is beautful.

WOW

xvietnam, 10/22/2003

Sure beats Chrysler PT Cruiser

LONG TIME COMING

SUAGEE, 12/18/2003

WONDERFUL DRIVING VEHICLE. IT IS VERY FUN TO JUST BE ABLE TO SIT BEHIND THE WHEEL OF A VEHICLE THAT LOOKS GOOD AND HAS THE MUSCLE TO BACK UP THAT MEAN , BUT SWEET LOOK

51050