2016 Chevrolet Spark EV Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Spark EV Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spark EV model:

Shocking Value
By Michael G.

2016 Chevrolet Spark EV Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

We have all seen them, those little electric cars buzzing around undetected, almost stealth like.... When I saw 129 a month lease I became intrigued. My wife has a Honda Pilot, at just 16 miles to the gallon on a good day. Her commute is just 7 miles each way and the usual errands. What a great buy this has been! no gas put in the Pilot in 5 weeks... The EV has been going to over 90 miles with our normal driving. We love this car. My wife is getting used to the hands free, Bluetooth, and the on-star. It is a bit on the small size, but we have gone to Costco and grocery store with no issues. We have yet to fill up on the fly, preferring to use the home charger. We decided on the purchase over lease, as they took 9K off list, and had zero interest for 6 years. The added 7500 Tax credit was the clincher

Great little car
By Steve

2016 Chevrolet Spark EV Hatchback 2LT 4dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Like all EVs of this class, range is limited. I get betw. 82 and 84 mi estimated range at full charge now when the car is new. I ran into someone with a 3-year old Spark EV and he mentioned and average of 70mi.

Lease deal was great - $2900 down, $68/mo for a 2LT with the DC charging port (green/grey interior). When one factors in the California $2500 State rebate, it's $90/mo for 36 mo, which is slightly less than what I pay in gas for my 96 Accord Wagon. 10kmi/year mileage limit without paying $0.25/mi, which is a bit limiting.

So it's scary quick acceleration, esp. at low speeds. Instantaneous. Acceleration is downright impressive.

It would go off left or right if you let it at very low speeds - sudden flooring while cornering is a bad idea.

I like how there's no center console or arm rest in the car - nothing to the right of you. I never seem to be comfortable in cars with big center areas - my right arm doesn't seem to find the right home.

I'm getting about 4 mi/hr at 115V, 8A and a little higher at 12A. 230V charging at work is getting me 10+ though charging near full is slower. I put in the Bosch charger advertised on the card that comes with the car, which gets you a rebate of $500 on the charger.

I'm 6'3" and could wish for about 2" more legroom. Headroom is great. I could wear a hat if I wanted to.

Mylink is bloody annoying. Constantly wants to go to XM or FM, but I pretty much use BT from phone. Our other cars default to whatever was last used.

There was a recall regarding the firmware for the seat belt tensioners and airbags which I had done. Took longer than one would expect. No charge. Pleasant waiting room.