Used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

One of the best Pre-Owned V8 5.3L Values
By Fscden

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you can find a well cared for low mileage late production SS model as I did, you will be well served by the Monte Carlo SS 5.3L V8 powered Coupe. Don't let those who speak out against the front wheel transverse drive sway you, there is do discernible torque steer and the handling is fabulous. Mine is a 2006 model year, one year prior to the discontinuation of the model and all but the intermediate steering control was worked out. I had mine replaced by the selling dealer at time of purchase, but it is still not by, inherent to the design, but not a show stopper. The Black paint is flawless and after having the dealer replace the fogged headlights with a set of brand new Clear assemblies, the car looks brand new and turns heads getting thumbs ups at traffic lights. I wish Chevy would bring back the Monte Carlo model to their lineup... in the meantime, this one is serving well.

Great car
By Stuart MacPherson

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Great car

Who designed this thing
By Josh

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I hate this thing. It has the interior space of my '93 Saturn SC1, which is a 2 door coupes, but it is as big as its 4 door brother the Impala. It is in no way "sporty" in that is is slow and the steering is numb. The seats are less comfortable than my winter beater 95 blazer, which somehow accelerates harder. It's all hard plastic. The audio quality is shut because 3 speakers are blown. The volume dial barely works. I'm glad I don't own this car, and I can'tell recommend buying one.

#TeamMonteCarlo
By #TeamMC

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had an obsession with MC's since my brother got a 2001 when I was in 8th grade.
I just KNEW it would be my first car. and it was! A beautiful car with the heart of racing. I couldn't be more pleased and I plan on keeping my MC forever!

06 Monte Carlo SS LS4
By roryreview

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for a new car, test drove 08 Mustang GT, 10 Camaro SS & Challenger RT. The Monte SS by far was the most fun to drive, I really didn't expect anything from it. After the test drive I put money down to hold the car, I knew it was a winner. I am not saying this car would burn these others in a race but the acceleration on the SS made me instantly want it. When you step on the gas the HP goes right to the wheels, no delay. No one understands just how fast these LS4's are until they are behind the drivers seat. Even if your not in it for speed, it is a very comfortable car to drive in.The best part of my day is coming & going to work.

The SS has all the bells & whistles, sunroof, heated seats, leather bucket seats & a killer sound system. The fuel management system allows you to get 25-30 miles a gallon if you dive like a saint but the car screams for you to step on it! Also you can actually fit people in the back seat, major plus. Other coupes are a joke with the back seats, almost pointless to have them. FWD helps if your using the Monte SS as an everyday driver, the SS cuts through bad weather like a steak knife through warm butter. Before the Monte I was driving a 01 Camaro, big difference in handling.

My advice to all 06-07 SS owners, throw a couple of Flowmaster 10's on the back at minimum, the SS engine sounds like a damn hurricane coming down the street.