Used 2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Malibu model:

Very good car, headroom could be better!
By Brian Lee

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/2LZ (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So, I really love the '13 Malibu, everything is really good, the car is beautiful, gets really good gas mileage thanks to the auto-start stop feature, but one thing that bothers me about the Malibu is the front headroom, I'm 6'2, but the Malibu's front headroom is what bugs me the most, when I get in the car, I can BARELY fit in, but all-in-all the Malibu is an EXCELLENT starter's car.

Stabil trak
By John inman

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LT 4dr Sedan w/3LT (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Not even 30500 And the Abs light and stabil trac light is on the car is in a heated garage..then the language on the dash says usa definitely not that language.. car was bought new in 2014 with gm warranty 3 years 36000 miles...

Faulty electrical system
By Tammy

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan w/1LZ (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The dashboard lights started flickering, the speedometer and rpm needles started flying all over the place and then my dashboard stopped working altogether! I don’t know how much gas I have in the car. I don’t know how fast I’m going. I would not recommend you spend your money on this car. There are complaints all over the web with others having the same issues. Ugh. My hard earned money I saved to get a nice car is now down the drain.

400$later only 4years old
By crystal Stox

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS Fleet 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Although this car is good on gas,there seem to be problems early on.The water pump,camshaft,BATTERY went after only 4years old!! I'm not done paying on this car and has already cost me $400 dollars to fix.These cars are not easy to fix at home and has to be taking in to local shop. Just as I got 60,000 miles the car started to have engine problems. Too expensive to keep fixing on.I wonder what is next?

Trunk is Junk
By B. Havens

2013 Chevrolet Malibu Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our 2013 Chevy Malibu new. Just about two weeks after purchasing our car, I was driving down the road and cars were honking at me. So, I pulled over and found that the Trunk was Open. I thought to myself, that I probably forgot to shut it. This Trunk is Junk, I would find it open many times sitting in my driveway, driving down the road, my neighbors would even call and let me know my trunk was open. We took it to the dealership were we bought it, and they fixed it. Not long ago, I was out shopping for groceries and used the Trunk is Junk, big mistake! Later the next day my husband attempted to open the Trunk is Junk and it would not open, not by using the Key Fob nor the Trunk Button. I called the dealership and was told he just didn't have time as it was getting late in the day, and ask me to call back the next day. Later that evening I decided to see if I could open it in an odd way. LOL I got in the car and turned on the dome lights so I could see, then pulled down my back seats and started taking things out of the trunk and sliding them toward me, I crawled into the trunk and used the safety latch! Wah Lah! My Trunk the Junk Popped Open! I then put everything back in place and locked up the car. I told my husband I would be using my trunk in this same manner while out in public and he could video the episode and we could put it on the WWW. LOL. The dealership is awful. And I contacted Chevy, to no avail, so I think a video will go viral. I will never purchased a new or used Chevy Vehicle again in my life. We paid so much for this car just before my husband retired because we wanted a new car, I should have kept my little Ford Escort with 73,000 miles on it. I bought it new too. Trunk the Junk!